happy new year

Home  \  Off Topic  \  happy new year

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL. Hope it's a great one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted by  gageplate

6.5 Hrs left...

posted by  BavarianWheels

New Year now 24 mins. old.

New Year, 9hours and 15 minutes old. Shit, I gotta work at 9:30. I'm outta here guys!

posted by  Satty101

http://www.welcometorantville.com/images/grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040 5110921718.jpg

posted by  Futtbuck

ahem.... :ticking:

posted by  Satty101

What the hell does that have to do with New Years?

Happy New Years to all! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

How can a new year be happy??? Take some time and think about it.

A new year means one less year for you to live......

A New year means you are one day closer to the day of Judgment.

A New year means to judge and see which scale is heavier your good deeds
or bad deeds. Better start repenting, look at the Tsunami in Indonesia, how many people just died without repenting.

Seek the creator don't worship the creation.

Ask God to guide you to the right path, that will get you to paradise.

One last thing, how can you celebrate a new year when you so many people suffering and killing each other all over the world. How can one let all the corrupt leaders around the world deceive so many people and take so many innocent lives?

2:42.(Quran) And cover not Truth with falsehood, nor conceal the Truth when ye know (what it is).

44:6.(Quran) As Mercy from thy Lord: for He hears and knows (all things);

44:7.(Quran) The Lord of the heavens and the earth and all between them, if ye (but) have an assured faith.

44:8.(Quran) There is no god but He: It is He Who gives life and gives death,- The Lord and Cherisher to you and your earliest ancestors.

7:155.(Quran) And Moses chose seventy of his people for Our place of meeting: when they were seized with violent quaking, he prayed: "O my Lord! if it had been Thy will Thou couldst have destroyed, long before, both them and me: wouldst Thou destroy us for the deeds of the foolish ones among us? this is no more than Thy trial: by it Thou causest whom Thou wilt to stray, and Thou leadest whom Thou wilt into the right path. Thou art our Protector: so forgive us and give us Thy mercy; for Thou art the best of those who forgive.

99:1. When the earth is shaken to her (utmost) convulsion,

99:2. And the earth throws up her burdens (from within),

99:3. And man cries (distressed): 'What is the matter with her?'-

99:4. On that Day will she declare her tidings:

99:5. For that thy Lord will have given her inspiration.

99:6. On that Day will men proceed in companies sorted out, to be shown the deeds that they (had done).

99:7. Then shall anyone who has done an atom's weight of good, see it!

99:8. And anyone who has done an atom's weight of evil, shall see it.

posted by  ZMan3000

uhhhhh. Please don't preach religion, I have a feeling it's going to start a huge christian/atheist argument, and I prefer to talk about the middle ground topic: cars. But, wow, talk about seeing life as half empty.

You ask how we can celebrate new years when so much evil is going on. well, what do you want us to do? Sit around and look at our feet? There are 365 days in the year, I don't think using 1 for celebrating is that bad of a sin (no pun intended).

please, celebrating new years isn't that bad.

posted by  Godlaus

being muslim my self, i feel that i need to reply this just once.

You celebrate the fact that Allah has let you live through another year and hopefully will let you live through this one. Even if it isnt our religious new year.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

yes, you mention all the bad in the world. but what about the good in the world?

look at all the money and support that is being donated to Thailand in the wake of the tsunami, from selfless people who care not for themselves, but for those suffering at the hands of nature.

what about the simple love within the basic family unit?

what about the giving spirit of the holiday season?

what about putting all our worries to the side for one damn day to be happy that we are blessed to have lived another year? geez. f*cking pessimists. :banghead:

may everyone here have a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year. 6 days late, cuz i was trashed in Turks and Caicos on the real new years.

posted by  SuperJew

Sounds like comedy to me.... :ticking:

posted by  JaneiR36

Most people only complain when things are bad.
Most people only pray when times are hard.

If you don't realize that the most impacted places where Muslim countries. If you go to and search, you will find that even though everything was swept by water in some areas but the some mosques are still standing. Look at the earthquake in turkey and Iran, these are all Muslim countries. Most of these countries are not following the Islam and its teachings.

I wouldn't call it suffering at the hands of nature, by the hands of the God.

2:28.(quran) How can ye reject the faith in Allah.- seeing that ye were without life, and He gave you life; then will He cause you to die, and will again bring you to life; and again to Him will ye return.

2:62. Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who followed the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

How about thanking God that we are blessed to have lived another year. (This assuming that you are good deeds>bad deeds, otherwise its a recipe for disaster.) There are seven levels of hellfire. (The seventh being the worst one) According to the Quran all the unjust rulers will be in the seventh level of hellfire. This what helps me sleep at night. I pray God guides the Bush administration :laughing: before its too late.

posted by  ZMan3000

What the H are you talking about, you just said we shouldn't celebrate the new year. Or did you mean celebrate it but only in a way that's pleasing to you. :screwy: I really don't know what the hell your point is.

posted by  JaneiR36

It has really been an up and down year for me so far. My friend's mom died on New Years day getting hit while walking across the street by a drunk driver, I get to drive to school again, I'm "hanging out" with this girl I REALLY like, and I hate my job....still but I'll get a good W2 from it. So confusing whether this year is good for me or bad for me so far... :screwy:

posted by  Satty101

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend's Mom, Satty :cry:

posted by  JaneiR36

Why would anyone or you want to please me???? :hi: You suppose to do everything for the sake of God. Read this and tell me that you don't want to please God. (http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/QURAN/55.htm)

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone did his or her deeds according to the will of God? People would stop sinning. There would be peace and justice. Most of the problems would be solved.

May God guide us the straight path.

posted by  ZMan3000

You're a load.

posted by  JaneiR36

I dont see how a new year is related to religion..

posted by  StiMan

Living another year and being thankful for it, at least that's what I think Islam sees as it.

There is no real relation sensible enough to make a post about repenting, though.

Like I said, he's viewing the world as half empty, and we all see it as half full. I bet if you ask him, he'd say that you start dying at birth and have only 80 years to live.

posted by  Godlaus

What in the hell are you saying?? The only thing I understood was, you start dying at birth, which I can fully understand. Thanks for the day after yesterday"IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN" F%#k Islam

posted by  lectroid

THanks a lot you bitch Zman. You have now given this stupid ass redneck mother****er a wrong idea about Islam. And as for you lectriod. your ignorance disturbs me. I ask that you apologize for cursing at my religion. that is a racial attack and you can get banned for it. bitch. :fu: :banghead: :cussing:

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

YOU CAN KISS MY F***k##G ASS. AS FAR AS MY POINT OF VIEW AND WHAT I THINK OF YOU AND YOUR RELIGION, IS WHAT I REALLY THINK,PERIOD.So I get banned,Big F#$#in deal.Don't care to much for the catholic point of view, also. FREEDOM OF SPEECH.DICKHEAD :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

HEYGUYS,I need to apologize to the catholics.I'm sorry.

posted by  lectroid

all i did was post happy new year and see how much fun we're all having together.

posted by  gageplate

Happy New Year :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

Hey, Sperm Burper. I don't agree with what lectroid said, but it was a derogatory statement against a RELIGION. The last I checked that includes Asians, Indians, Caucasians, Africans, Middle Easterners, etc. It has nothing to do with RACE you simple minded moron you.

Whatever your race and whatever your religion, you are still a viable candidate for after the fact birth control. You should be banned for excessive stupidity.

posted by  vwhobo

yeah. its true. he can't be banned for anything of the sort.

posted by  SuperJew

I don't see the need for the muslim bashing, either................

posted by  JaneiR36

I STILL dont see why religion got brought into this.

posted by  StiMan

me neither. last i knew, New Year's was about getting smashed and having a good time.

posted by  SuperJew

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone did his or her deeds according to the benefit of the mass? For the greater good? This is how it works for atheists like me and radicals like you. (No offense). Atheist are more people/society goal oriented, and religious people are more god/heaven goal oriented. Feel free to disagree, anyone.

lectroid, please don't do this. The freedom of speech was given to you as a right in a good way. You aren't supposed to abuse it. The founding fathers gave that right so that you could protest against anything that you wanted IN A PEACEFUL WAY. Don't go saying F#$K Islam, thats not what the right of free speech was created for. I'm pretty sure George washington would've back handed you for saying something of that nature, and trying to say freedom of speech.

Also, since we're online in a multi-nationality forum, I'm pretty sure american laws don't exactly come into effect. it all depends on the admins POV.

Thanks for bringing all this up, ZMAN.

Religion in our POV has nothing to do with the new year, but you have to look at the the relativist paradox. Our version of right/correct/normal is not what is universally correct.

posted by  Godlaus

I hate to break this to you, but... Let me first start telling you as a new addition to this forum that I am agnostic, so this does not come from a religious veiwpoint. That being done I challenge you to show me where "The founding fathers gave that right" to free speech or any other right for that matter. The founding fathers agreed that no man or government can "give rights" but it is governments jobs to protect rights. The founding fathers talked at length in various documents about God given rights.

So, while I agree with the intent of your post the reasoning behind it is flawed. However it does bring me to an important question. Because the rights that we take for granted as a nation, and the rights you espouse in your post are God given, where does that leave you? As an atheist you have no God therefore you can't have God given rights. Or do your rights just come from your special form of revisionist history?

posted by  vwhobo

Hmmm... intriguing question, and nicely put. God given rights were brought up in a lot of documents, like the declaration, and since I'm an atheist, I shouldn't have those rights? I remember a passage from the book 'ender's shadow' in whcih a nun blesses a spanish drunk, and he says "But I'm not christian" and the nun replied "God loves you all the same". I guess it lines up with that, that god is impartial to everyone and you don't have to be religious to get these rights.

Actually, you;re right on the protecting the rights part, the government was created so that the public could be protected with a national army, and etc and etc.

Although, i thought only some of the founding fathers were religious? I thought some of them were Deist. But, will have to go throughs some of my old history paper notes to find out.

posted by  Godlaus

I fight, and have fought for my rights.May not always be the right fight,but I'll be damn if I'll sit down and take any sh#t. And WHAT is your point. Jesus loves you. :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

What is my point? My point is that you shouldn't run around saying 'F%#K islam'. It brings no point up that others want to hear. Why would you even say that? Simply because you have the freedom of speech? It is a god-given right (thank you vwhobo), but don't abuse it.

You aren't sitting down and taking sh$t. You're generalizing, stereotyping. Simply because Zman comes onto the forum promoting islam doesn't mean he speaks for everyone. It's like those christian zealots in georgia that killed an abortion doctor. They do NOT speak for everyone, and neither does Zman. You're not taking sht, nobody's giving you sht, so please, don't do this.

You fight and have fought for your rights? Were you in some fired up court case, or did you fight in the revolutionary war? Please, I wanna hear how you 'fought for your rights'.

The point that me and vwhobo brought up was one way beyond your comprehension if all you have to say to it is 'jesus loves you'. the founding fathers of america said that we had god-given rights, and the question he brought up was as to whether or not you were entitled to those rights if you didn't beleive in god, and my reply was that god endows you all the same, even if you have forsaken him.

posted by  Godlaus

i may as well throw in my opinion.

"Wouldn't it be nice if everyone did his or her deeds according to the will of God? People would stop sinning. There would be peace and justice. Most of the problems would be solved.

May God guide us the straight path."

Actually, i would go as far to say it would be nice if there weren't any religions. less fighting, less hatred. Religion can be good, when people use the general values of most religions. but when someone actually thinks their religion is better than anyone elses is crazy. or spends every waking moment trying to please their god it becomes an obsession. all religions are equally silly. god is an imaginary friend for older people, do u think u would still believe in god if not brainwashed into it as a child? sometimes the imaginary friend tells people to do things. besides, isnt jesus half mortal half immortal? isnt hercules, yet christians say omg thats stupid. or the crazy guy on the sidewalk claiming to be gods son? thats no different than jesus's beginning. at least hercules had super stength, what can jesus do? turn water to whine? walk on water? ok i guess those are pretty cool but... :screwy:

posted by  shev

heal the sick, raise the dead, and save your soul from eternal damnation, but we're not trying to convert anyone, are we? (Don't go asking questions to which you don't wanna know the answer).

Besides, you're extremely naïve if you think the absense of religion will solve the world's problems. If it's not religion, it'll be something else (as has been evidenced many times over, anyway).

posted by  JaneiR36

If not religion is will be somthing else? please explain, whule I see your point, I see no 'evidenced many times over' it always amazes me how cultures seperated for decades will always have a common thread of religion, but what something else are you talking about? Seems to me that it is religion.

posted by  Godlaus

I don't understand; are you saying every ill in the world can be traced to religion? Or such a significant portion of it that everything else is close to negligible?

"Something else": race, cultures, tribes, class, aka money, sexual orientation, etc. Unless you were making another point that I totally missed, the list goes on and on.......

posted by  JaneiR36

Wow, I am just not thinking right today.

posted by  Godlaus

"I don't understand; are you saying every ill in the world can be traced to religion? Or such a significant portion of it that everything else is close to negligible?

"Something else": race, cultures, tribes, class, aka money, sexual orientation, etc. Unless you were making another point that I totally missed, the list goes on and on......."

Many of those can be tied with religion.

posted by  shev

Note to shev:

Click the reply button on the right and type under all the text, that way it'll be a reply with the quote above as you see here. If you don't want to quote what you are replying to, click the Post reply on the left side.

Blame the Greeks, especially Sosigenes.

posted by  Wally

For supporting christianity? Shall we applaud nero then?

posted by  Godlaus

In 46 BC?

posted by  Wally

nope. blame Constantine. he was the one who encouraged the practicing of Christianity in the Roman Empire once it split

posted by  SuperJew

heh, thanks, other forums have it differently, an dim stupid.

posted by  shev

To clear up some misconceptions,

I am not hear to convert you, I am just informing you, God is the one that guides according to the Quran for people who seek guidance.

SOME THING TV WILL NOT TELL YOU

Muslims have to believe in the torah and the Bible and that it was send by God. There were lot of human alterations that were made.
Quran is the final revelation.
----------------------------------------------------------
2:23. And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If there are any) besides Allah, if your (doubts) are true.

2:24. But if ye cannot- and of a surety ye cannot- then fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith.

2:25. But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is Gardens, beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed with fruits therefrom, they say: "Why, this is what we were fed with before," for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions pure (and holy); and they abide therein (for ever).
----------------------------------------------------
Here is the challenge by God. You can access the full quran here: (http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/SURAI.HTM)

How many of the Christians know that the Bible was not revealed in English???
here check this out? I wonder why this is not shown on TV. (http://www.islamtomorrow.com/yusuf/success.htm)

All the responses I get back from people is already in the Quran, that’s what so real about it. Its like people are so ignorant not to see what the Quran says.

2:2. This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah.

2:3. Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them;

2:4. And who believe in the Revelation sent to thee, and sent before thy time, and (in their hearts) have the assurance of the Hereafter.

2:5. They are on (true) guidance, from their Lord, and it is these who will prosper.

2:6. As to those who reject Faith, it is the same to them whether thou warn them or do not warn them; they will not believe.

I hope God guide me and all that seek the truth. :thumbs:

posted by  ZMan3000

And how many people know that islam and christianity are break offs from judaism?

posted by  Godlaus

To be exact, Mosses peace be upon him, came first and brought the revelation, Torah. Then came Jesus peace be upon him, and brought the revelation, bible. Finally Muhammad peace be upon him, the last messenger brought the final revelation, the holy Quran. There were lots of messenger before and in between but Muhammad is the last.

Jesus peace be upon him didn’t die and was raised by God alive and therefore will return to die a natural death. There were lots of signs told by Muhammad peace be upon him, for Jesus peace be upon him, return to the earth. You can read them here. (http://www.jesuswillreturn.com/signs/signs_index.html)

posted by  ZMan3000

Very true.

I ask that Zman just stop posting parts of the Quran because it is useless here. You cant convert someone on a car forum.

Religion is NOT related to New Years! Jeez.

posted by  StiMan

As I said before I am not here to convert anyone. Why are you so up tight if it so useless? Do you want people to learn about Islam through CNN, Pat O'Riely factor......

2:108. Would ye question your Messenger as Moses was questioned of old? but whoever changeth from Faith to Unbelief, Hath strayed without doubt from the even way.

2:109. Quite a number of the People of the Book wish they could Turn you (people) back to infidelity after ye have believed, from selfish envy, after the Truth hath become Manifest unto them: But forgive and overlook, Till Allah accomplish His purpose; for Allah Hath power over all things.

2:110. And be steadfast in prayer and regular in charity: And whatever good ye send forth for your souls before you, ye shall find it with Allah. for Allah sees Well all that ye do.

2:111. And they say: "None shall enter Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." Those are their (vain) desires. Say: "Produce your proof if ye are truthful."

2:112. Nay,-whoever submits His whole self to Allah and is a doer of good,- He will get his reward with his Lord; on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

2:113. The Jews say: "The Christians have naught (to stand) upon; and the Christians say: "The Jews have naught (To stand) upon." Yet they (Profess to) study the (same) Book. Like unto their word is what those say who know not; but Allah will judge between them in their quarrel on the Day of Judgment.

posted by  ZMan3000

this is stupid. why don't you all let it rest and move on.

posted by  gageplate

This is a car forum. And sure you may have posted in the off topic, but still. You're preaching Islam. What is your point if not to convert? To educate? We're not all ignorant little pricks who believe everything we hear on CNN and Pat O'Riely factor.

posted by  Godlaus

you forgot one.

8:237 Thou shall stfu. and stop quoting gibberish.

posted by  shev

Yes, this is a car forum. This thread is in the off topic,check the heading. Although I don't beleive a word or give a sh#t what the Quran has in text,or what Zman says about it, but the Zman has a right to say what he wants. :2cents: He ain't gatta STFU :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

Then i have a right to say what i wany, which was to stfu. wasnt me twas the quran.

posted by  shev

Buddy, you can say what you wany any time you wany and I won't or should anyone else tell you to STFU. IT'S going to happen.Try not to get mad and try to respect other peoples beliefs (it's really hard for me) Didn't mean to dump on you. :doh:PRICK :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

*raises hand*

pretty much every single westen/middle eastern religion is based off of Judiasm in some way, shape or form. why? well, that's just because it came first. Jesus was a Jew...interesting, eh?

posted by  SuperJew

Jesus was a Jew... yeah, right. Next thing you'll want us to believe is that he was a carpenter and his parents never had sex. :roll:

posted by  vwhobo

I realize that most people dont realize that here, but I would think that it would be quite strange to be a member of a religion that simply worshiped yourself and still claim to be son of God. But hey, whats a cult? :hi: :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

well then. Mr. Hobo. enlighten us. tell us all about Jesus, since you seem to know The Truth.

posted by  SuperJew

Dont make fun of my typing skills. :cry: sorry if i'm not sensitive enough towards other religions, but i woulda said the same thing, no matter what religion. all about equality.

posted by  shev

Holy sh*t. And here I thought you'd be the one person in this thread smart enough to see the sarcasm and humor in what I said. You need to lighten your candy ass up. :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

wait...were you ragging on Zman? cuz...wow. yeah, i've had a distinct lack of sleep this weekend, so thats why i didnt really pick up on the sarcasm... :banghead: :banghead: indeed

posted by  SuperJew

Listen,"PRICK" I will make fun of any d#@n thing I take a notion too. :fu:

posted by  lectroid

Who was it that said "I don't approve of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"?

posted by  Godlaus

I can see your humor and I have somewhat of a problem with all that is written to be facts,pertaining to the Bible. Hey, and don't make fun of my non-typing skills,,,, cause i don't have any. :laughing:and I might have to kick your a#* :mrgreen:

posted by  lectroid

Let me guess um, Malcomn Luther X. Why don't you just make a statement? :sleep:I remember, Dan Rather :smoke:

posted by  lectroid

Your Message