Now gather round, I got something to say

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Now gather round, I got something to say

Now where did I place my soapbox? Oh yeah, there it is.

(Stepping up to the soapbox)

I just got a few things to say. I want to say my peace and I’ll let the crowd take from there.

This is for everyone to hear, but pertaining to only a few.
Now I don’t have anything against you, at all.

First, to JaneiR36 and DSMer: Can you have discussion with out attacking each other? Jeez, its like I am listening to two children fighting over the last cookie.

Second, to the newbies out there, mainly CarEXPERT: I gather you are here to learn. One way to learn is to listen to whole topic before asking questions. Then the question shouldn’t one that can be covered by reading the previous statements. To use a common adage, given to us by vwhobo: “Think, type, submit”. However there should be one more in front of think and that is read. And that means the whole thread.

Finally, again to the newbies: There are a few people in this message board that have a great amount of knowledge in the space between their ears. If they call you on something, don’t flame them. Instead show some respect.

Now this is the last thing, I want to say. I am not stating in anyway that I know more than everyone out there, I am here to learn. I am just calling them as I see them.

This is just my :2cents:
(Stepping down from the soapbox) “I am not a crook. Four more years, Four more years”

Back into the closet you go. Peace.

posted by  Coffin Type R

Hear hear.. :banghead:

Ahhh, the good old days... :wink2:

posted by  2002_EVO_VII

And now I'll attack you: Bite me!

If you can't take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen. Either that, or take your own advice: READ what it is we are attacking each other about, say your peace, and move the f*** on.

Thank you.

posted by  JaneiR36

Fine, fine attack me if you want but i was calling them as i saw them

posted by  Coffin Type R

I see a lot of Drama here. I haven't been a member very long, but it appears to be a lot of Pre-High School verbal bashing going on amungst the forums that appears childesh and unnecessary. Now I wonder is to how kids come out like this...........Is it the parents?..........How old are we again?.........

posted by  Hepatitus

if you don't like it, then leave, nobody's making you stay.

posted by  Godlaus

Hey, that's not a very warm welcome, coming from somebody up in Washington state. Tell me, are you Canadian?

posted by  Hepatitus

Nope, 50 jap, 25 irish, 25 scottish. you? But the thing was, you said;

Which has no meaning any whatsoever. If would have been a valid point if you gave a way to fix all of this, but all you did was complain, which doesn't make you any better than the flamers. So, that's why i said take it or leave.

posted by  Godlaus

hey man, I put my 2 cents in to make a point. Which apparently appears like I'm "Captain Obvious" over here, stating that there is immature behavior taking place in the forums. Sorry for being the new guy on the block and JUST NOW learning how things flow here. You know, I too am Irish and Scottish. Not Japanese but I've lived in Japan for 2 years. Now I'm just thinking, If I'm Irish and Scottish and I'm a good guy, and all the Japanese I've met when I lived in Japan were nice, are all Washington State people as rude as you? Talk about improper welcoming, man, I feel just as welcome as the straight guy at a lesbian convention.

posted by  Hepatitus

yeah, I guess we started off on the wrong foot. Anyway, welcome to the forums, watch out for carexpert, and try to think before you type, or VWhobo will rip you a new one.

Do you seriously think that I represent all Washingtonians?

Yes, we spend half our time bashing on people, but that's us, take it or leave it.

posted by  Godlaus

Not to say that you don't have some valid points, but... Why did you join the forum then? Just to have someplace to whine? Wait a minute, let me get you some cheese to go with that.

posted by  vwhobo

No, No cheese, I'm leaving right now to get Subway, the Chicken Teriyaki, it's my favorite. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

posted by  Hepatitus

I used to like the Teriyaki, but now I must go with the Chipotle Southwest Steak, good stuff.

Drama is a very pivital part of this forum. Always has, always will be I suppose. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Chipotle is good, but I like the local delies better. Got one around here that has a sandwich with 1/2 pound of meat and everyone a different type

Yeah, I guess you are right, but I just had to get it out and off my chest. :mrgreen:

posted by  Coffin Type R

No prob.

How can you guys like subway? Quiznos is way better!!

posted by  Godlaus

Too pricey. Good subs though

posted by  Coffin Type R

Subway is cheaper I think. And there are more Subways, and they have Jared, lol. Chipotle is a great restaurant! Tons of food packed in a tiny tortilla, good stuff! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Would it be possble for some of the higher profile members to disclose their true depth of knowledge and experience? For instance I can't figure if Carexpert is a troll or just plain ...well you know what I was going to type. Some of the other "expert" members though are typing stuff that is so wrong I'm starting to wonder if they are deliberate to bait newbies, but why in serious forums that are highly visible to search engines?

posted by  Wally

Whats your definition of a "high profile member". In my opinion CarExpert is a noob who actually knows something, but not a "Elite" member. Thats just me though. You can have your own opinion.

We have fun here because we can. We all share a common interest in cars so we can easily have fun with each other. Thats why we arent always serious. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

THAT is it... I guess that is why I like this place

posted by  Coffin Type R

Ok. Going back to a few posts here.

Coffin Type R, I agree with most of what you said. however asking a couple of people such as DSM and Jan to stop fighting is like trying to swim to the bottom of the Atlantic to somehow lift the Titanic, fix it and use it as a ship again. It just won't happen.

VWhobo, it's kinda funny I read this thread, particularily your post about cheese as I'm eating cheese (Good ol Wisconsin. Never ending supply of cheese)

At Subway, I prefer the Turkey Breast and Ham sub on italian herbs and cheese

Subway>Quiznos IMO

and my sister used to work at Chipotle. One of the kinds of meats they use (I forgot what kind) is actually just cow brains.

Finally, I like that we don't always have to be serious here. It makes things livable. But I like when some people need serious help, they usually get it.

Ok, I'm done I think.

posted by  Satty101

....and I just had quizno's for dinner tonight. I think quiznos>subway.

but then again, i'm spending my parents' money. :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

I LOVE THIS BAR,,,,, Don't even have to drive under the influence. :smoke:

posted by  lectroid

y'all forgot stoners paradise...Togo's by me in Sacto you have togo's and baskin robbins bunched up in one place.... :smoke:

posted by  ~SK~

What? No way subway rules! :fu: :sleep: :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Maybe the straight guy should ask himself what he's doing in the lesbian convention, then :hi: Glad things got straightened out, although, I still wonder about n00bs who complain about the forum. It seems to me that you're exactly at the point where one could quietly decide not to join and move on. ::shrug::

OMG! I've been having that way too much recently. And it certainly doesn't help that they take credit cards, you don't even have to have cash on you. They can get kind of stingy with the toppings sometimes, though. It's like I'll ask for the green peppers, jalopeños and sweet peppers, and they'll sorta just count two peppers each or something equally irritating :screwy: I'm almost like, Gimme some food, woman, what are you doing?!?!?!? :cussing: :laughing:

I don't think their menu is that diverse, though. Just chicken, turkey, beef, and then the various toppings/veggies. Once I get over the Chipotle, I don't think I'll be going there much. Plus, even though it's cheaper than Quiznos, their sandwiches are still expensive compared to other fast-food places.

My frequency of going to this place has got so bad (well, not really, maybe I've been there five times in the past two weeks..........) that this lady behind the counter said to come back tomorrow and she has a gift for me. Sounds totally weird but I'm curious as hell. I'm not going to buy anything, though. I'll just show up, and it better not be some religious pamphlet or invite or some other crap like that, that'd be such a ripoff not to mention waste of my time........... :banghead:

posted by  JaneiR36

Hmmm.. one of the most painfull things to do.. Maby not with a forum, but in life, tears you apart inside..

Sry.. personal issues.. :cry:

Yeah, if someone has problem one should deal with it in an appropriate manner or leave the situation..

posted by  2002_EVO_VII

I agree with the original post and Godlaus you look retarded in your avatar

posted by  RusMan

LIL girl. You are the only female that has stuck around this forum, in I can't remember when. The BIG thing about you, is, you give what you take,and you take all the crap everyone else gives you, and your'e not nasty :doh: I have to quit drinking :ohcrap:iamsodrunk

posted by  lectroid

Do you seriously think that that pic is of me? It's a pic I carry around to remind myself when I'm having a bad day that someone is always worse off than me. Besides, when I first saw it, I couldn't stop laughing.

I'll post a pic of me later on.

posted by  Godlaus

Here's a real picture of him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/vwhobo/jakubpapa.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

YOU SAID THERE WAS NO FILM IN THAT CAMERA!!!!!!!!

posted by  Godlaus

Phew at first glance I thought it was me :oops:

posted by  Wally

Your Message