Questions for VW hobo and carEXPERT

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Questions for VW hobo and carEXPERT

carEXPERT:

How old are you?
Have you ever work on cars?
Can you drive yet, if so do you own a car?

Don't take this as sarcastic i'm just tying to understand why your posting constanly with an infinite amount of questions.

VWHobo:

From reading the thread debating if the gearhead garage section should be brought back up, I came to understand you were a moderator, But the mod list at the bottom of the forums doesn't list you as one.
So were you a mod, are you own now?

posted by  Zalight

Why are you asking carEXPERT such hard questions? :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

lol that carEXPERT dude is one crazy MF :laughing:

Besides, Zalight, all of your questions can be answered by reading around the forums.

posted by  JaneiR36

He is 12.. :doh:

Should hope not.. :doh:

He is 12.. :doh:

posted by  2002_EVO_VII

he hasn't responded to this thread yet? What? it's been up for a total of 5 hours? What gives? Does he actually need sleep? I thought he was on car-forum 24/7.

posted by  Godlaus

I dont think he has seen it yet, cause he is here i think.... *looking side to side*

posted by  Coffin Type R

Is he gonna end up banned because of al the PM threats he's sending around?

posted by  Godlaus

No idea. its up to Adam to o it or not. if he wants to stay he should get his act together and stop threating people :banghead:

posted by  Coffin Type R

Here's an excerpt from the forum rules;

Sooo.... Who is this 'adam' guy anyway? The founder of far-forums? And doesn't the dodge guy know adam in person?

posted by  Godlaus

The master and controller of the forum, aka Unfedfat

posted by  Coffin Type R

yeah, adam's the Administrator of this place. nowadays he's pretty much never around.

and yeah, if carEXPERT keeps doing nothing but badmouthing people then he deserves to be banned.

oh, and The Hobo used to be a mod, but due to circumstances we won't talk about out of respect for him he wanted out.

posted by  SuperJew

Hi... So whats up people hows everybodys day. Today I went to school and it was boring as f*** as usual. At lunch time I had to do trash pickup but didnt feel like it so I ditch it. Then I went home afterschool. Then I went to my friends house and smoked hella weed. My friend made the biggest joint I ever saw, there were like 5 people so we had to make a big one. I never seen a zig zag that big, was like 5 inches. Anyways we were just chilling and smoking and playing playstation 2. Then I went to my martial arts practice but I was to high to fight today so I just sat on the ground, DAMN IM STUPID! So now im home.
So how was everybody's day?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Well, this explains a lot.

posted by  Godlaus

rotflmfao....no shit huh... :laughing:

posted by  ~SK~

It all makes sense now...

posted by  Satty101

okay, are you going to answer my questions car expert or just talk about how much weed you smoke?

posted by  Zalight

He's forgotten it...

Thing is weed doesn't have the effect on people in a way that would make him behave like he does, trust me, i just spent 6 hours in a room both today and yesterday with a bunch of guys smoking up and they just mellow, nothing else.. :screwy:

posted by  2002_EVO_VII

Exactly why I asked him, even if he was high, he obviousbly was coherent enough to type, so why not type three simple answers.

Not only that, but, carEXPERT strikes me as one of those people who smoke weed just to say they smoke weed. He doesn't realize nobody gives a **** about the fact that he does it. What ever happened to the days where people tried to hide their vices, now it seems like people are listing them on a flag and waiving it high in the air screaming "hey everybody im an idiot!"

posted by  Zalight

Yup, it seems the world is heading that way.. :roll:

I will point out that i neither smoke nor drink, just not as fun or as entertaining as sex and speed.. :mrgreen:

How many days does an 1/8th last you carEXPERT?

posted by  2002_EVO_VII

an 1/8th will only last about an hour of smoking in your parents basement if even its only like 2 or 3 pinches :smoke:

posted by  talongod33

To yourself? Thats enough for 6 blunts man, 1 would have you pretty damn fooked...! :screwy:

(Well with the quality of whats around here it would, good as orange bud at the mo.. :hi: )

posted by  2002_EVO_VII

I shouldnt even said I was high yesterday. The reason I said it was because I was high and I dont know I just wanted to say it. But im not one of thoes people who thinks its all cool and tell everybody. I like smoking weed cuz of the effects of weed not to be cool. I'm 14 years old if you wanna know.

posted by  CarEXPERT

....you're 14.... :banghead:

posted by  Zalight

HAHAH your an idiot. What kinda blunts are you talking about. are you talking about JOINTS or BLUNTS. Blunts are much bigger like twice the size of joints. An an eighth will not give you 6 blunts. an eighth will give you like 3 blunts, or even 2. eighth is not that much weed just so you know. I smoke quarter onces with like 3 people in a car. OH YEA, hey this time when me and my friends had a quarter and we called up some people and rolled like 4 blunts in the car and smoked it all. There were four people and after we finished it we were hella high and we were all in my friends Audi A4. Its not stick its semi-manual. So we see this Prelude Vtec at a stop. My friend started going hella fast when it went green but I was in the back seat and I didnt see the prelude move, then like 3 seconds later Whaaaaam... Whaammmm.. and this prelude just went hella fast past us, I remember I was hella laughing, I dont know why. So when we got to the next stop, my friend was like, "You lucky we got 4 people in the car" Then the bald guy in the prelude said bring the 4 people in my car and lets see. But he was just kidding, so then when it went green my friend took off hella fast again and this prelude did the same thing went hella fast by us. This car was hella loud to, sounded like he had a supercharger. And then thats it. I was hella laughing and I couldnt stop because my friend was hella enbarresed but he was hellla laughing too.

posted by  CarEXPERT

And I never worked on cars before but I know how to drive a car. I drove a manual once but it was in the parking lot and it was my friends car. I stalled it like 2 times but then I got the hang of it.

posted by  CarEXPERT

You are really stupid. I think perhaps he should get banned for lieing, threatening members, bad languange, bad references, etc.

posted by  StiMan

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  lectroid

Oh my ****ing god.............

posted by  Godlaus

Kids in New Zealand can drive from the age of 15.

Even scarier, is that they can buy a GTR/Supra TT etc for like US$15K at this age. They do buy them and they do die on the roads.

posted by  Who?

darwinism at its best :wink2:

posted by  joshf2

No, don't say that. This one really smart kid (maybe not too big on common sense) got into a jetta and drove on this one road called 'roller coaster road' and died. he was going places, but his life ended early.

It's up to the parents to protect the kids. DON'T BUY YOUR KID A SUPRA TT WHEN THEY'VE HAD THEIR LICENSE FOR 30 SECONDS!!!!!!!!

Let's say that you're a father of a 16 year old kid(Seeing as how most users are males here). You just bought a 911 turbo and are wondering what to do with your old Supra TT. Your son just got his license a day ago. Do you give the Supra to him, sell it and buy him a camry/family car, or hold off on the supra, make him buy his own car, and give him the Supra for college?

(My dad actually sold his acura legend because I got my license, so you know how my answer's gonna go. Well, that and the fact that I'm 17)

posted by  Godlaus

My kids are in their late teens and my wife and I refuse to buy them a car. We also try to set an example when in the car as well.

posted by  Who?

My parents bought their first car, and they made sure I bought my first car. My kids are gonna do the same(when i get married and have them), 'cause it teachs you a form of responsablility. If you wreck your car, you have to pay the insurance increase and the repairs to your car.

posted by  Coffin Type R

firstly, you're still no smarter if you dont have common sense. if you dont look before you cross the road, then you're not really all that smart are you?

secondly, it kinda is up to the parents to protect the kids. but if the parents are willing to give their "fresh off the blocks" kid a supra tt, then perhaps they lack the common sense, and most likely its rubbed off on the kid.

you'll find that most who say that they're going to make their kids buy their own cars, have common sense, and probably had parents who had common sense to make them do the same.

it is darwinism at its best

posted by  joshf2

*sigh* this is kid was 13 years old and already was accepted to princeton. What does that tell you?

Smarts/Intelligence/Common sense are all very different things. Sometimes, common sense and intelligence don't go hand in hand. Go watch 'Good Will Hunting'. it's based upon a real life story. I'm not really arguing with you, it's just that you;ve got the wording wrong. Smart/intelligence/common sense are all different things.

Smarts is something you learn in school. Intelligence you inherit from your parents. Common sense is something you kinda have to learn yourself.
---------------
I say that parents help their kids buy a car, buy don't actually buy it for them. As in, they give them a loan, or help them get a nice job. Anyone disagree?

posted by  Godlaus

I personally never understood why they call it "common sense". If it's so common, why doesn't everybody have it?

posted by  vwhobo

Then call it grey matter if it annoys you so much :banghead:

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

You are a perfect example of what I'm refering to... And still a prime example of why I believe in post-birth abortion in certain cases. :roll:

"Grey matter" denotes brain cells. It has nothing to do with common sense. However, in your case you are severely deficient in both so there is a link.

posted by  vwhobo

After reading all this garbage that carEXPERT keeps hurling out of his mouth, i'm pretty sure (or maybe i'm just hoping) that he is only acting this way to get a rise out of everybody..
If i'm wrong.. then I wonder if there is any hope for humanity left..

posted by  Spitsign

remember how ugly it was before when you decided to annoy me? dont do it again foolish old man. knowledge and wisdom is very different. without wisdom your knowledge is worthless. a lesson you might want to teach your children as well, since they also have inherited your genes.

I also believe in excecution of senile elders.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

Is there anyone else hear that reads that as a threat?

posted by  vwhobo

and that is a threat how? the first sentence was a question. the second a command and next two were advice and the last one was just stating that, like you believe in post-birth abortion, I believe in excecution of senile elders.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

No I dont think so, but remember when I said I was gonna kick your ass? that was a threat vwhobo.

posted by  CarEXPERT

Yep,that's a threat and if he said that to me, I'd be shi##ing my pants. Shut up when I'm talkin to you!! GEESH :doh:

posted by  lectroid

Well I'm worried for my well being now. Thank goodness for the Pacific Ocean :wink2:

posted by  Wally

hobo, please dont take lyrics from my fav band.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

just like smarts is useless without common sense

smarts may get you a nobel peace prize, but common sense usually keeps you alive :wink2:

posted by  joshf2

that is true also.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

You're a retard, and always have been. It got ugly because you don't have the intelligence God gave the average ROCK.

Annoy you? If it annoys you, all the better, as you deserve it. You have zero capacity for learning anything, so annoying you has become a f*cking sport.

posted by  ChrisV

Wouldn't it make more sense to "protect teh kids" by actually teaching them how to f*cking DRIVE rather than just (as people are doing here) saying, "I'm not gonna buy my kid a car." I learned how to drive in karts, and started autocrossing at 15 1/2 (when I got my permit) my folks got me a '62 Comet (actually it was handed down from my grandfather) and a Pinto I got from my dad specifically to race in (that we worked on together). Even though I customized the Comet, I immediately traded it for a '71 Torino GT with a 429CJ. I autocrossed that, too.

Guess what? No tickets or accidents (in fact, it was over 10 years later before I got my first ticket). Why? Because I was taught how to drive, how to drive FAST, and given a venue in which to do it in. THAT'S how to "protect your kids."

My stepson is now 12. I've taken him out karting, and teaching him how to correct for slides and spins, how to position the kart in corners, etc. When he finally gets to drive, he'll be on the autocross course, and he will end up with car control skills superior to 90% of people who have been driving for decades. THAT'S "protecting the kids."

And his first car will be something he and I have put together ourselves, so that he has "seat equity" in and will respect.

posted by  ChrisV

Welcome back, BTW

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you, didn't even think about the driver part of the safety aspect. Have TT, will go fast.

posted by  Godlaus

That was Lectriod. Not Hobo...

posted by  Satty101

Why's that? I mean, it was lectroid, and aren't they his lyrics as much as they're yours?

posted by  Godlaus

It's an easy mistake to make with the avatar images :banghead:

posted by  Bubba

Truer words were never spoken and you have neither of the two attributes.
SHUT UP WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!

posted by  lectroid

ive got wisdom. i just dont always use it

and please dont kill linkinparks lyrics like that. how do you know about them anyway?

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

They're incredibly popular, actually.

posted by  Godlaus

i no they are. i love their music, but I am wondering how mr hobo would know about them. he doesnt seem the type to listen to music. or appreciate linkin park.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

They are sooooo great. Think they could learn to spell, instead of yell? What the heck is a linkin? I know what a park is. Can't wait for this studious reply. :laughing: Matter of FACT, they are so good the only way they can get their music out, is to give it away. :sleep:

SHUT UP WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU :banghead:

At least I know who the hell I'm talking to. :doh:

posted by  lectroid

Dont insult a band unless you have better music to put out. And all of their songs are greater than your most emotional song. Linkin Park comes from a new way to spell Lincoln. Hey smartass, there is no right way to spell a name, because its just a name. The only way you show off your "knowledge" is by insulting others, so you are no better. At least they make money after giving their songs away. And I finally found out where you got that from. my sig. stupid me :doh:

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

Damn your'e smart. You could be our next president or atleast our next ambassador to the antarctic. :screwy:

posted by  lectroid

SNiPeRViRuS is gay for linkin park :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

Damn your annoying, you can be my next lab rat. Would you like to be a rat?
Well, I mean you already are a rat, but do you want to be a lab rat?

And that other bitch, where on Earth did you get gay from? I am homophobic you retarded assmole.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

You know what they say, it's always the homophobic ones :laughing: Have fun with the smoooooooooooooching!!! :orglaugh:

Wow. I just thought I was gonna have a little fun at your expense, but this little tidbit of information you volunteered was even more fun.

posted by  JaneiR36

there is no place in my post that indicates im gay. i feel insulted. drop it.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

The biggest homophobes usually turn out to be afraid of their own homosexuality more so than being around other homosexuals.

Therein lies the thought...IMHO.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Well I am fully attracted to females. I am not that big of a homophobe. I just saw a gay couple kissing once at a park, and I got freaked out and now I just never let it drop. Oh well, gays are against most religions anyways.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

hey Bav, whats a good website for BMW performance upgrades?

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

Hey SNIPSTICK it's me. You are getting to be about as much fun as WHAT. :laughing: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/blareout/jersey.gif

posted by  lectroid

He probably just looks gay.I think he may be gay.I think it really bothers him that he's gay. It may just be in his blood line. You know, that gay thing. He said it was OK to harass someone, but not insult them. I don't know which one I'm doing. :doh: Sometimes I crack myself up. :laughing: Really sounds gay,don't he?

posted by  lectroid

I find most of my needs at bavauto.com

posted by  BavarianWheels

you ignorant little shit. have you ever met and talked to a real gay person? what makes you think they are "against most religions"? there is absolutely no proof of that shit dribbling out of your uneducated mouth. I know, and am related to, gay people who are very into their religion. so how about you shut up you little f*ckstain

posted by  SuperJew

Temper, Temper. :thumbs:

posted by  lectroid

but when some religions state that a man should only ever love/make love to a woman, how do they justify that?

posted by  joshf2

er...not buying the kids a car does not equate to not teaching them to drive.

Part of the lesson of buying their own car is that it is something they have had to work hard for, so they tend to take more care in it.

posted by  Who?

Holy F*ckin sh*t you're queer!

posted by  Steve Stifler

Linkin Park sucks donkey dick.

posted by  Steve Stifler

well, all i know is that Judaism has nothing against homosexuality. :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

Do you have any idea how redundant what you just said is? If his entire blood line is gay, then there would be no offspring, hence no snipervirus.

You know, you're really pissing me off. What are you doing here anyway? You have nothing intelligent to say, and you're wasting our oxygen. Fck off and die.

posted by  Godlaus

SO,I'll guess by your reply, your'e a faggot too. I can say that. I just learned that it is OK to harass or was it insult someone. I didn't say his entire blood line, you little TWIT,just the side that you and his daddy are trickled from. :orglaugh:

posted by  lectroid

The attitude you and a couple others took about refusing to buy them a car, vs saying anything else you could have, shows that the only thing people think will teach them enough to survive is making them buy the car when they finally can and hoping that by buying it, they will know what they need.

Part of parenting is teaching them that years before a car comes into the picture.

I prefer to buy my son a car that we've both picked out and have determined is appropriate (and that he feels is "cool" so he'll like it. How many beater first cars get trashed even if the kid buys it because it's not what they want? Quite a few), then work on it together so that he builds up sweat equitey in it, AND is ensured of knowing how the car works, so he doesn't sound like CarExpert...

posted by  ChrisV

He didn't say his [i]entire[/i[] bloodline, just IN his bloodline (like having the genes for red hair. Not everyone in the family will be a redhead, but some will be...)

And listening to people argue about Linkin Park is funny. As much as I like listening to them, it's still just a bunch of whiny young white suburbanites that are screaming about how bad life is. :umh:

posted by  ChrisV

By blood line, it comes off as blood lineage. Which means your parents.

Read my reply before you make assumptions about it, (by my reply I'm a fag also? Where the hell do you rationale this?)

God, people like you piss me off.

have you ever heard AFI?

posted by  Godlaus

Why are you talking about gay people and religion, I want to talk about cars.

question: In a FF honda, the flywheel is on the left side of the engine bay. Is the transmission connected to the flywheel at the left too? So when the driveshaft are connected to the transmission, then is the driveshaft go from left to right, becasue we are talking about a FF car,then the driveshaft doesnt go to the back wheels but from side to side on the from wheels right?
Please HELP me.

posted by  CarEXPERT

We're in the off-topic section. You've been off the net for 2/3 days, carexpert, what gives?

posted by  Godlaus

He slowed down, it looks like. Must be OTHER things. :smoke: One of the guys i worked with, would always say(jokingly)"Wanna do some air?" I say "what is air?". He sucks in through his teeth, and say " 'ARE."

posted by  Coffin Type R

And how do you feel about that?

Personally I don't know of any front engined cars where the driveshaft goes to the back wheels, but I don't doubt they exist.

posted by  Wally

My kids (girls) have been with me when looking at cars, and they take a reasonable interest in them. We bought a small cheap runabout for them to learn to drive in, and to make mistakes in, but it was not given to them. Part of owning a vehicle is the responsibility of taking care for it too.

Again, you are assuming that I leave them to make all their own mistakes. I don't. But I am not going to give them a car. They have to work for it. What has happened is that they have come to realise we live in a place with a good public transport system and a car is a luxury that they can't afford.

Not everyone enjoys working and maintaining cars, and my girls have figured if they don't maintain them themselves, it costs alot. They will get a car when they are ready and able, and together we will work through what suits them best.

posted by  Who?

buy them a car with NOS and VTECH

posted by  CarEXPERT

Its VTEC CarExpert... VTech is a technology company specializing in, I believe, phones and other tele-comunication (sp?) systems.

Proof: http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=7044

Its time to :read: CarExpert. And also time to shut up.

posted by  StiMan

Your parents should buy you a straight-jacket, pad up your room and stick a bottle in your mouth. :thumbs:

posted by  DodgeRida67

mouth.....no i'd say the opposite hole.

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Should I leave my signature or take it off? If I take it off I would be normal again but if I leave it up I start acting crazy for NOS and vtecH

posted by  CarEXPERT

Its VTEC! OMG stop calling it VTECH! :banghead:

posted by  StiMan

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf is your problem, read my previous post godamn it. and anyways I dont know whats the big deal, becasue its suppost to be VVTALETC but they jus put it VTEC for short.

posted by  CarEXPERT

Well stop mispelling it you dumbass. :banghead:

posted by  StiMan

Im not mispelling it! Im was just saying as how RICERS say it. The only dumbass here now is you not me anymore.

posted by  CarEXPERT

How in the world am I a dumbass? :screwy:

posted by  StiMan

your a dumbass because you cant understand. I have said many many times that I only said VTECH and NOS and was so obsessed wit it was because I was pretending I was a rice boy. Goddamn cant you understand?

posted by  CarEXPERT

No, I cant understand because I think you are lieing. You have lied continuously during your entire stay CF, so how am I to know you arent lieing now. Right now I think we should all go to sleep and let Adam's servers have some much needed rest from all this posting thats going on.

posted by  StiMan

i only lied about my PERSONAL INFO. Look at my profile if you dont believe me. I live in NOSTOWN! But I didnt lie about anything elese, except my name of course.

posted by  CarEXPERT

You're lying and trying to cover up your ignorance with 'jokes'
(AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAahhahaaaaa.....crap)

Stiman, you really hate carexpert, don't you?

posted by  Godlaus

If he wants to be stupid, let him be stupid. Whether or not he knows that it's vtec, or was really playing, either way, he is equally as stupid.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Yup. After all this time of trying to help him, and getting flak back, I think it is time for him to go or atleast try to shut up and listen. He is one of the few CF members I have all out hated. :ohcrap:

posted by  StiMan

Right back at cha :fu:

posted by  CarEXPERT

Umm. I know of a LOT of "front engined" cars with driveshafts to the rear wheels (at least to the rear differntials). Or did you mean FWD cars?

posted by  ChrisV

No I meant what I said. You filled in the missing, but crucial piece.

posted by  Wally

Ahh, semantics. When we say the engine delivers power to the rear wheels, it's usually understood that there are a transmission and differential inbetween. When we say the new Chrysler 300c's Hemi drives the rear wheels, we shouldn't have to say that it drives teh torque converter which spins some some planetary gearsets, and a rather long driveshaft to a rear diffeerential, to independantly sprung halfshafts, reaching the rear wheels, just to get the point across that it's front engine is powering the rear wheels.

posted by  ChrisV

I wasn't being pedantic for the sake of it. The question was being posed in the context of FWD drive shafts versus rear drive. FWD (transaxle) does actually have it's shafts connected to the wheels, albeit with a CV, while the RWD has the diff to contend with, then axles.

I'm quite familiar with auto slang, but on this occassion given the member involved I thought it important to prompt for a little more investigation.

posted by  Wally

I dont understand how the power goes from the engine to the wheels in a FWD. Since in FWD the engine is horizontal so the flywheel is at the side and so is the tranny BUT THEN HOW IS IT CONNECTED TO THE AXLES. ChrisV or anyone please help.. :ohcrap:

posted by  CarEXPERT

the diff. is an internal transmission component on FWD thats why you often hear people saying they put a LSD in their FWD car

posted by  carlos

Yea I know what an LSD is at in a RWD but where is it at on a FWD? Carlos do you know how the driveshafts are connected to the transmisson on a FWD engine? Because the transmission is on the side of the engine so how is that connected to the driveshaft.

posted by  CarEXPERT

Also, they invert the engines. Check out the picture of my Z34. It's a inverted V6.
http://img70.exs.cx/img70/5880/z34engine2jt.gif

posted by  Nichol Bolas

what the heck is an inverted engine?

posted by  carlos

maybe it's upside down lol i dunno. gotta love the guys with honkin K&N filters right b4 the MAF sensor. isn't always the best idea in my opinion. but what do i know,

I think he means transverse which means the engine is parallel with the front wheels, BUT I still dont know how the transmission is connected to the driveshafts in a FWD and how they are distrubute to the wheels.

posted by  CarEXPERT

Planetary gear sets, all packed into the transaxle.

Planetary gear sets are gears that are bunched to gether like a sun and planets right? But my question was how is the setup like in a FWD with a transverse(horizontal) engine where the transmission is on the side of the engine.

posted by  CarEXPERT

Here you go CarEXPERT,
www.howstuffworks.com

I think you should bookmark this page, as it has many answers to many questions. And you ask many questions

All right, so, you've got your transverse engine pointing to your left and right as your looking at the engine bay. Then at one end the flywheel is stickin' out, right? Good. Now there is a clutch/torque converter connected to that. Then you have your gears all packed together real nice and tight, which are driven by the clutch/torque converter. Those gears transfer the power from the engine down. If you could trace the path of power travel thus far it might resemble this thing: [

OK, now the gears drive an output shaft(I think thats what its called, or maybe I just have too much Rotary on my mind...), which drive the gears in your differential. Still with me? Those gears make the power go to the wheels via the axles (which it drives).

So, there is your very boiled down basic workings of a front engine drivetrain.

posted by  Zalight

Do you have any pictures how that looks?

So the transmission would be on the side of the engine pointing to the side UNSTEAD of a RWD where the engine is longitude and the tranny pointing to the back. So if the tranny was pointing to the side the output shaft would be on the side right connected to the tranny SO how does the axle get to the other side of the wheel! Where is the differencial anyways on a FWD!
I need diaphrams..

posted by  CarEXPERT

http://www.japanstarmotor.com/motors/4g63t_2.jpg

This is a Mitsubishi engine and transaxle. Most transverse FWD setups are similar. Notice the axles hanging out of either side of the transmission? they go to the wheel hubs. Behind that black plate there is the final drive gear, which is driven off the output shaft of the transmission (which you can see to the right in this picture).

posted by  ChrisV

You don't need diaphrams, your Mommie needed diaphrams.Way to late now. Hopefully you can focus your sexual attention on your sheep and goats, leave the dogs and cat alone. :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

CrisV ,NO i cant see the axles coming out of the tranny? The tranny is on the rightside so how does the axle go to the left wheel??

ChrisV, Ok I think I saw it, is it that axle thathas a green thing on it? So there are 2 axles coming from both sides of the tranny??

posted by  CarEXPERT

Yes one driveshaft goes left to a green thing called an "outer joint" and the other driveshaft goes right to another green thing also called an "outer joint" = one for each wheel hub. :wink2:

posted by  Wally

Your Message