These Fools Mandate Educational Policies

Home  \  Off Topic  \  These Fools Mandate Educational Policies

What Next? :cussing:

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=13834334&BRD=1712&PAG=461&dept_id =478996&rfi=6

posted by  lectroid

Now that is a load of shit! :cussing: I am so against this kind of policy and everything it stands for. Why must others suffer? And don't give me the "some must sacrifice so that all may achieve" hippie bullshit. Unfortunatly we are seeing more of this kind of policy and it drives me insane. Don't get me started on why this is a hair-brained idea, it is a literal waste of natural ability and a damn shame...

posted by  Voda48

Dude, I'm an old Hippie(ex) :ticking: :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

You know what else... What is next? are we not going to grade children anymore because that would "Violate" the no child left behind policy??

~PS sorry bout the hippie comment. No offense :2cents:

posted by  Voda48

None taken. It takes a hell of a lot to offend me. I tend to listen and laugh at people. Most people that don't really know me, I offend, as if I give a sh#t. :mrgreen: Been married 33 yrs and the ol girl still can't figure me out. I love it. :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

wats the hell is up with these freakin losers? theyre trying so freakin hard to make a stupid difference that they end up ****ing everyone over!!!!!!!! wat is next? no more educational system cuz it will violate their right to think for themselves? stupid.:2cents:

posted by  kaytelyn

Looks to me like you're a perfect example of how the current education system is failing our kids. When do you start whatever grade it is that spelling, capitalization and punctuation are taught?

BTW, this thread is over a year old. Thanks for reviving it. :sleep:

posted by  vwhobo

I find this as pure bullshit too...How the hell is it "No Child Left Behind"?...It's more like "study and you'll do good". How is this going to help kids succeed in life?...Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose. I tried out for the spelling bee in grade 4, and got to the second round of eliminations and lost, but I didn't mind too much...:banghead:

BTW I noticed it's old lol

posted by  chris_knows

Chris, it has NOTHING to do with the "No Child Left Behind" Act. It has everything to do with some small town, liberal, educator's interpretation of the act. These are the same people who don't think kids should get an "F" because it'll hurt their self-esteem, who think kids should not be held back a grade because it'll hurt their self-esteem, etc. Do you see a pattern. The problem is that school is not primarily about self-esteem, it's supposed to be about learning.

I'm surprised you don't have some personal stories of this sort of thing happening, especially living in Canada and especially in the part that you live.

posted by  vwhobo

Old posts rock my socks. Revival gonna have a revival i think im goign to go dig up like 7 threads and bring them back to life muahahahah Igor come with me!

posted by  Aondor

I actually wrote a short opinion paper about this, oddly enough I never got the paper back or seen or heard any thoughts about it.

posted by  salimander13

Actually, that's pretty true, around here, in grade school the lowest you can get is 45% on a report card, and from there, your parents can DECIDE whether they want you to stay behind or not...High school is a bit different, but pretty much the same. Kinda messed up when teachers are allowed to hit kids.*

*Not sure if that's true, because I have heard stories from kids that they've been hit by teachers, and the teacher we've asked about it says they can, but he might have been screwing around with us lol.

posted by  chris_knows

On another note, most hippes against the war say "Bomging for pease is like ****ing for virginity..." so Saying some must sacrifice so that all may achieve, is in a way contradicting what they say about war...

posted by  Pythias

Your Message