Attempting to start a racing team...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Attempting to start a racing team...

um... and what is this for? none of those cars are fast (except for maybe the gto) my $1200 car would waste all those cars...

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

yes, yes I am. Trying to go farther than the great city of Racine Wisconsin ( :rolleyes: ) and looking for new members. here's the list of cars in so far (please don't make fun of me, I'm just trying to have some fun)

1. 1996 Saturn SC1
2. 1988 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
3. 1966 Ford Ranchero
4. 1971 Oldsmobile Delta 88
5. 1988 Ford Crown Victoria Wagon
6. 1988 Ford Econoline Van (mainly for transporting spare parts if needed)
7. 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
8. 1994 Chevrolet Beretta Indy
9. 1965 Pontiac GTO
10. (possible member) 1994 Buick Riviera (?)

posted by  Satty101

Try finding and adding a '72 Ford Pinto...that'd really spice up the group!

posted by  BavarianWheels

lol

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

you know what? the Cutlass, the Delta 88, the GTO, the Beretta and the Ranchero could waste your 1200 dollar car CSD. and you know why? cause they don't have the stock engines in them (with the exception of the Beretta but that's still turbocharged). They all are bigger (the Cutlass has a 396, the 88 has a 455 Rocket, and the GTO has a 454. and they all start up and run like they just got off the showroom floor. I know your car can beat the van (any car can) but that's why it's being used as a parts van. the SC1, Silverado, Crown Vic, and Riviera are underestimated. they all run under 16's at the strip (everything but the SC1 and Crown Vic can pull off 14s).

posted by  Satty101

um... my car will do quater mile in a lil under 11. 0-60 in just over 6. and my car has a V8 which is definetely not stock... normally a 280ZX comes with an inline six.

now i'm not sure if you were talkin about 0-60 or quater mile times when you were talkin about all of 'em doin under 16. but i hope you were talkin about the quater mile... anyways. i bet i can keep up with any of those cars. all it would take for me to beat ur GTO or whichever ones are faster than my car, would be a missed gear or even just lettin the clutch out at the wrong time... and plus all of those cars are cheap white trash cars... except for maybe the GTO. but i bet its all rusted and has the original paint job... so don't go sayin those cars are fast as hell...

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

PS: sorry if i offend anyone with my white trash statement... :D

posted by  ChevySuxD0ng

Have we determined the origin of the engine in your car yet or are you still trying to figure out how to operate the hood latch?

posted by  vwhobo

you'd think so but no. mint condition body, candy apple red color, with no body work done......ever.

posted by  Satty101

I'd join I have a 1991 HB Civic with 90 horespower it smoke all of those in reverse 8O j/k . It weigh's about 2100 lbs and goes 0-60 in 10 secs and does the qaurter 4 secs later . I want to put the S2000 engine in it , then it really fly.

posted by  hemicuda

Why not try wings instead...

I would love to see the s2000 engine in a civic... though possible the $$$ involved with that must be quite a bit... one of my friends has an s2k and there is no way that it will fit under the hood of my friends civic. just get a b16 engine t3/4 hybrid turbos, fuel management (doesnt need to be stand alone) and rework the stock internals and you have a civic with 350 bhp all for about the same price :D that is just my thought

posted by  theunbelivaBULL

1. A '94 Beretta Indy that came stock with a turbocharged engine? Better hang on to that car, it's a rare one. GM seems to think they all came with the 2.3L Quad Four or big old stonkin' 3.1L V6,both supercars in their own right.

2. A '94 Riviera, truly another rare car especially since GM stopped production in '93 and resumed in '95. So let's assume you're off by one year model. Your still looking at a 3.8L, FWD, overweight tub. 14's, I think not.

Last note. GM did build ONE turbo Beretta and here's the picture to prove it. Let's try to stay closer to something resembling facts. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

the Riviera was a 97. Sorry, I made a mistake. The Beretta's owner told me he Turbo Charged the thing after he bought the thing but now I'm having very serious doubts of my own that it's really got a turbo. Mostly thanks to you VWHobo for pointing that GM only made one turbo Beretta. I owe you a lot. Bet I made myself look really stupid huh?

posted by  Satty101

Could be that "he" did and not GM...gathering from your wording...

No, you didn't make yourself look stupid, not in my eyes anyway. What you just look like is somebody who made a typographical error and got lied to by somebody else. They happen all the time to all of us.

What I'm trying to get at is when somebody throws you a juicy tidbit like that, if it sounds like BS it probably is. Questioning goes a long way toward finding the truth and stopping the flow of misinformation. And now that you know what the truth is you can stick it up his behind. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message