driving games

Home  \  Off Topic  \  driving games

I was wondering if anyone ever made running over the bumps on the double yellow line on a two lane road a game. Like seeing how many consecutive bumps you could run over.

posted by  captlem55

no...
... :screwy:

posted by  Zalight

No...but I've tried making a game out of changing lanes and trying not to hit any of the reflectors...it's hard...but fun to try if you are bored...

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Well, for one. You have to change lanes quickly, which is a threat to your ability to control the car. And if you're in an SUV, kiss your ass goodbye if you turn too quickly. I think this game is a VERY bad idea. But do it if you want...just don't expect simpathy from me if you end up crashing and totaling out your car from that "game"...

the first game however...3 letters come to mind...W-T-F? :screwy:

posted by  Satty101

First off...you dont have to change lanes quickly...you could also do it going slowly...

2nd off...I do have plenty of car control and you dont have to do it when there are cars around...you could also do it on a 5 lane highway if you wanted to...so it doesnt have be on a 2 lane road

3rd...myself...I have plenty of autoX's and road racing events under my belt that I can control changing lanes at any reasonable speed

4th...I have a 300ZX w/lowering springs (Eibach's) and adjustable shocks (Tokico Ilumina's 5 way adjustables) plus grippy tires (Kuhmo's) and 17 in tires for added contact patch...I dont think I will be losing control of my car at 40 mph which is when I usually play this game...

:thumbs:

posted by  NISSANSPDR

I always found it amusing to see how many people I could run off the road without being hit. Count, as of today =73. Am I on a roll, or what? :sleep: IDIOTS :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

Im just saying if you start encouraging people who aren't as lucky as you to have all that done to their carsand are running with not-so-grippy or even bald tires, soft, non-adjustable springs, no experiance with auto-Xing and can't be out late enough to play without traffic or don't live near any 5-lane roads, it's potentially dangerous. See what I was saying now?

posted by  Satty101

:screwy: Redneck :screwy:

:thumbs: no offense man. :wink2:

posted by  RusMan

RED as hell. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Don't cross the Mississippi.Stay in lala land. :thumbs:

posted by  lectroid

Yeah but there are also tons of movies that glorify and encourage people to do drugs, be gangsters, and have unprotected sex with prostitutes. I don't see you ragging on them.

You're point, while a very vauge one, has no ground to stand on. Telling somone to do something stupid does'nt make that statement dangerous. It makes them an idiot for doing that dangerous action.

posted by  DSMer

lets get back to the original question. I was wondering if anyone ever made running over the bumps on the double yellow line on a two lane road a game. Like seeing how many consecutive bumps you could run over.

posted by  captlem55

there are bumps on double yellow lines? that's news... :screwy:

posted by  SuperJew

Best. Topic. Ever.

posted by  ThirdeYe

You know the little reflecters about every 15 ft or so

posted by  captlem55

a game i used to play with my friends was everytime we saw a VW Beatle, we screamed "Volky", and if the other ppl didnt say "no voy!", we got to punch them in the arm. if they said "no voy" n u still hit them, they had to hit u 5 times in ur arm instead.

quite fun as long as u dont involve the driver. other times we used more common cars, but "Volky" was the original version.

posted by  Inygknok

That game is called Punch Buggy and Slug Bug here, and thre are actual rules...

http://www.geocities.com/jaredperi/beetle/buggy.html

http://www.punchbuggyrocks.com/buggyrules.asp

posted by  ChrisV

Satty, it takes a LOT more than that to roll an SUV. If your ability to control a car (any car including an SUV) is in that much danger of being lost, you have no business on teh road even woithout that game, as emergencies happen.

And doing lane changes to miss the Bott's dots (those reflector bumps) can actuall improve your reaction time and car control skills. You dont' do it fast, you do it deliberately and slowly. Just a little jog that barely turns teh steering wheel.

posted by  ChrisV

oh, those. keep in mind not every road has those. none of the roads or highways have them near me.

posted by  SuperJew

I actually do that. Not that I was trying to improve my driving skills, I just thought it was cool to accomplish it. Like trying to stick your hand in and out from under dripping water without getting it wet.

posted by  Zalight

hey! thats like my knife throwing game. throw a knife into the air and see how many times you can catch it without getting bloody.

posted by  choke

:screwy: :ticking:

posted by  Satty101

LOL!! never thought anyone would actually post the rules up on a site, or even make a site about it. thx for the links

as Zalight would say, "Good times!"

posted by  Inygknok

Good times indeed! :laughing: :thumbs:

posted by  Zalight

lets get back to the original question. I was wondering if anyone ever made running over the bumps on the double yellow line on a two lane road a game. Like seeing how many consecutive bumps you could run over.

posted by  captlem55

...cant wait for tomarrow! GT4!!! yay

posted by  mazda6man

I hear you brother! :thumbs:

posted by  Zalight

Your Message