Gran Turismo 4

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Gran Turismo 4

Okay, after nearly a year of pushed-back release dates, Gran Turismo 4 finally comes out late February. Possibly the greatest racing game of all time, I cannot think of any video game that can compare to the realism of the Gran Turismo series. The 4th installment will be better than ever before, with over 650 cars to choose from and 50 tracks to drive them on, the possibilities are endless.

However, looking at the car list, I can see some bad parts of the game. As in the last game, the car selection is based in Japan, which means you have to know the Japanese name for some of the cars that you like in the United States. For example, instead of having a Scion xB in the game, there's the Toyota bB, which is the same thing, but it gets confusing. Another example is the Toyota Soarer, which to us is the Lexus SC430. Even more annoying is the almost biased list of Japanese cars. There are like 50 examples of a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo, but only two Mustangs. The Ford Mustang clearly made a bigger impression on the automotive industry than any Mitsubishi.

All in all, I have anticipated this game since last summer, and it looks to be the best racing game of the year. Polyphony did a TREMENDOUSLY better job on GT4 than GT3.

What do you guys think?

posted by  moostang104314

Is the engine upgrades gonna be real or fake in terms of power. in gt3 its fake.
gt3 is hella fake when it comes to engine performance and upgrades.

posted by  CarEXPERT

No damage for hitting walls and no online play, Sony can kiss my ass for that one. Otherwise probably going to be a good game. Worth the 50 bucks or w.e..

posted by  DSMer

If you're talking about Gran Turismo 3, there was online play. I don't have an internet cable, so I've never tried it before.

posted by  moostang104314

GT4 got pushed back most recently (From December release to Feb release) because of all the complaints about no online. It SHOULD have online. If not, it was a waste of 2 months. I completely agree with the damage part though. The game is hella easy without damage. Just ram into other cars through the turns and bounce off em. Saves your tires. I try and make it harder on myself and avoid hitting the cars and walls at any expense.

posted by  Satty101

The 88 Camaro IROC-Z Concept and the 69 Camaro SS

MMMmmm

posted by  Anti-Hero

Should be a pretty nice game, but I don't have PS2 I got XBOX :banghead:

posted by  RusMan

I have it preordered. Can't wait.

posted by  ThirdeYe

I've had the game pre-ordered for going on some 4-5 months now. They keep pushing the date back. If I don't get my game in February I'm going to kick Sony's ass.

posted by  DSMer

I cant wait for GT4. GT3 was the first game I ever bought for my PS2.

posted by  StiMan

X2. I've had GT4 pre-ordered since..August 04?

posted by  Satty101

Ha ha. You are a good man Satty but u must be a crappy game player. I never hit the cars or the walls after the first lap. Why you ask; cause after the first lap i'm in front of them and i just am too good to hit the walls. Every once in a while i'll slide into the sand in Grand Valley Speedway, but thats it. It was kinda funny how u avoid the cars and walls at all costs when i do it subconciouosly. Poor satty. he he :smoke:

I preordered it since about December.
And i played the game already on a little simulation thingy at the Chicago Auto Show. Subaru was campaigning it's WRC on the game. It's worth it people. Definately worth it.

posted by  VMJYogi

The fact that you or I rarley hit walls or other cars is'nt the point. I would like to know that my car will suffer damage if I just so happen to push that one corner a little to hard or make a turn a little to fast attempting to get a second closer to that opponent. Its supposed to be "realistic" racing simulation.

I hate to break it to you kids but in real life, cars crush, crumble, and dent when you hit hard solid objects. The game just fell below my expectations by not incorperating damage. Besides, whos to say I don't want to tap the rear end of that opponent spinning HIM into a wall :wink2: .

posted by  DSMer

Your Message