I have my own survey

Home  \  Off Topic  \  I have my own survey

It's a little controversial and it's a little hot around the edges with some people, but it goes like this: Should homosexuals be allowed equal rights? Such as sports, adoption, and marriage in the United States? How about, when you see a homosexual being taughted, do you yourself feel guilty or hurt by it or do you laugh it off?

I think they should be allowed equal rights and I'll stand up for any homosexual out there.

posted by  Hepatitus

taughted? whats that? taught or taunted? i see how you got hepatitus :laughing: j/k, but this forum is full of southern right wingers, who are probably still against black people's equal rights.

wait... is hepatitus a std?

posted by  shev

lol Not necessarily an std, it can be sexually transmitted. It has to do with the blood. Thanks for the typo correction. I'm not the best speller. Hooket on fonics didn't werk fer me! lol Take it easy

posted by  Hepatitus

Well, I am very Liberal...

Yes I think they should be aloud to get married, adopt and all that. I mean what the hell does it matter to you that some guys got married? It doesn't affect you so who cares? Let them be happy.

And if you say its against religon then, still, who cares what they do? They are the ones that are going to go hell (accoarding to the book written over 2000 years ago about the invisible man in the sky) not you so why the hell do you care?

posted by  Zalight

i agree, gross, but if they want whatever. im opposed to changing the constitution. i didnt know they were denied playing sports, maybe not allowed in the locker rooms?

posted by  shev

i agree in that homosexuals are rather.... disturbing... but u cant judge ppl simply cuz of wat they like n dont like. they are human beings too, so i honestly think they deserve equal rights. in fact, some homosexuals even act "normal" (macho by today┬┤s culture). i still dont know why guys go gay when there are so many beautiful women out there, like Angelina Jolie.

posted by  Inygknok

Side note = I'm for gay marriage, but I'm stirring the pot.

How about murderers? They're human beings. So do they get equal rights? Or how about those with mental disabilities? they can't drive cars, but they're human beings, so why don't the get equal rights?

Ditto on the beautiful women thing, but jessica simpson blows away all the competition, including angelina jolie.

posted by  Godlaus

Shes not that good looking. :roll:

As to the point of the same-sex marraige and etc.. Same as with any other "life issue". Its really none of my business(or anyone elses for that matter) what someone else does with their own life as long as it does'nt effect my living.

I may not agree with what they beleive in, but theres idiots who drive arround in Civics whom believe they own the streets with their 17 second racer that I don't agree with. Its thier choice to do what they do and they don't bother me unless they drive up the streets at night with their music blasting and fart cans rattling. But if I can stand anoying ricers I think I can stand seeing a man hold another mans hand in public. After all no ones forcing me to look at homsexual people and get grossed out.

I seriously have other things to do with my life than be concerned with some other guys and or girls lives. This is'nt a big deal, let them do what they want. So long as homosexuals aren't devising some plan to murder heterosexual people they are fine by my book.

posted by  DSMer

I dont even find being gay disturbing. I have gay friends and i even **** with them and call them fags. Hehe. But to me it's like hey if you lke dick then do your thing. thats more of a chance of me getting the girls i want without competition. i wish all you guys were gay. id be the straight one getting the pssy. hehe. im funny to myself. Yeah but do what you want and i think this is the first time someone brought a really goos topic to the off topic section. gays have the rights to do whatever they ****in feel like doing.

Murderers should still get equal rights but serial killers and cannibals should get the electric chair immediately. Rapists should get beaten nearly to death then cut the **** up so they never even think about doing that one again. and drug sellers are the ones who most often get the worst sentence. That my friends is bullshit.

posted by  VMJYogi

I believe they should have equal rights. But NOT marriage. I believe that marriage is between a man and a women. A common law marriage is fine by me, but not a true marriage. I have no real prob with gay people, I just dont think that marriage would be right. :thumbs: :2cents:

posted by  StiMan

What are the benefits of marriage? like on taxes and stuff. i know after a certain amount of time being together you are automatically considered married by the government.

there was a handy capped kid at my school that got his license before i did.

posted by  shev

gays can do watever they want. as long as i'm not disturbed by any of it. (said the "dude" from california) LEGALIZE IT

posted by  choke

I've been wondering why people think that. No political figures or the pope or anything has ever said that it is or is not considered a marriage between a gay couple. So why do you think marriage can only be between a man and a woman?

I was always told marriage is when two people who love eachother vow to be with eachother for the rest of their lives? What makes that religous? What is it about it that saysit is only between a man and a woman?

posted by  Zalight

i have 2 gay friends that are also fun to hang around with. they dont even mind being called fags or maricones either, but some homosexuals are pretty ignorant and get offended by every little word said on tv or anywhere for that matter. a lot of black ppl have gotten used to the N word, us puerto ricans have gotten used to spicks, and im sure mexicans are used to being asked to say, "Yo quiero Taco Bell!".

if ur a homo, black, hispanic, german, asian, or w/e, u should be able to accept it cuz thats wat u are.

posted by  Inygknok

George W. Bush said that, but I believe it because in the Bible no two men or two women are ever married, and it says nothing about that being done. I dont 100% believe the Bible, but I believe that a regular marriage, not common law, is a religious thing and so if the Bible is the guideline then I cant see how it is ok. I have no problem with gay people I just dont think that a religious marriage is something they should be able to do. :2cents: :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

You do realize that the New testament was written by people, right? People are fallible, so not everything you read or don't read in the bible is accurate. You do also realize that there are 14 gospels that were written for the new testament, but only 5 made it into the final version. So if your basing your ideas about modern problems, on only an excerpt of a biased 2000 year old book, you should change your thinking a little bit.

posted by  Zalight

So what if two gay people don't believe in the bible? You do know that a good majority of the world is'nt Christian nor do they follow the bible. So are you telling the rest of the of the world they are wrong? All the rest of the world does'nt believe in what you believe so why should they be tied to YOUR rules. You don't govern their lives on all of their other life situations. You don't tell them to not eat beef, to go to church, or wear crosses arround their neck. But suddenly when they wanted to get married its instantly a problem?

Not all weddings are married under the eyes of the Christian God, and again not everyone believes in the Bible. So why should THEY have to listen to something YOU believe because YOU think its right?

posted by  DSMer

You're going to ge tthis one thrown back into your face. Why should he live by something that he doesn't agree with, simply because THEY believe that's it's right? More americans are against gay marriage than for. (will find stat later, got to go to class). That's the beauty/downfall of democracy. Majority rule.

posted by  Godlaus

He said he did'nt beleive in gay marriage, period. No one mentioned anything about the United States. You know there are gay people in other countries.... Belief thats its not ok here will extend to other places.

posted by  DSMer

Yes, I know that, but according to my beliefs that there is a "God's Plan" and so God created man, and created the authors of the books, so, therefore, God put the thoughts into the author's heads. I am definately agreeing with you that the Bible is old, but if one has faith than the age of a book does not matter.

To DSM: I know that the majority of the world is not Christian, and I know that if you dont believe in the Bible than you wouldnt believe what I just said, and I am not saying who is wrong or right, because no one knows that. No one knows who is right or wrong until after they have died and will either go direct to Heaven or direct the other way, or even if that is true. Once again I have faith that I worship a all loving God so that no matter what we can all be saved.

If you or anyone doesnt believe in my views, thats fine. It is completely understandible because the world is a large place with many different people, so one man's ideas are not, and cannot, be believed by all, but I was simply saying what I believed in relation to the question first stated. :2cents: :thumbs:
Sti

posted by  StiMan

I think you ought to be reminded of the exact words coming out of your mouth. Maybe had you said you don't beleive in same sex marriage that would have supported your theory of "God's Plan". BUT, you distincly say that its not something people should be able to do. Regardless to if you used the words "right or wrong" you are stating that it is wrong.

Theres a difference between disagreeing with something and saying something is wrong. You are saying its wrong. Wich my question was to you, if somone does'nt beleive in what you belive in why "[should'nt they] be able to" do it? The question at hand wasn't what you beleive in or why you believe in it. That information is irrelivant to the subject at hand. The question was why should somone else who does'nt beleive in what you believe in not be able to do what they wan't because you think its wrong?

Keep in mind that you've allready stated that its something "they [shouldn't] be able to do". Either way you put it you're making yourself look like a hipocrit because you have allready stated that somone else does not have to believe in your views but it is ok for you to tell them that their views on life are wrong.

posted by  DSMer

So, lets lay out the battle field. Are we arguing in a personal sense as to whether or not it's acceptable/wrong/right/disagreeable/argeeable? Or are we arguing whether or not it should be part of an equal rights act for america?

You think that we'll invade other countries to stop gays from marrying? I think the concern at hand should be a self-centered view of simply america and no where else.

Because its a private institution and not accpeted. There can be all black schools, but not all white schools. I Wonder why......

I'm kinda amazed that people haven't thrown the bible back at stiman. I presume he's talking about leveticus or another author, when leveticus said "Thou shalt not lay with a man as with a woman". But, it also says in the bible that you will not eat shellfish, you will not wear clothes of mixed materials and you will have the right to own slaves. Just because it says its okay/wrong in the bible doesn't mean its okay/wrong everywhere else.

posted by  Godlaus

So, lets lay out the battle field. Are we arguing in a personal sense as to whether or not it's acceptable/wrong/right/disagreeable/argeeable? Or are we arguing whether or not it should be part of an equal rights act for america?
This has nothing to do with America. Stop bringing up America. I think the entire point of this discussion has went way over your head several post ago.

You think that we'll invade other countries to stop gays from marrying? I think the concern at hand should be a self-centered view of simply america and no where else.
Again, you're missing the point.

Because its a private institution and not accpeted. There can be all black schools, but not all white schools. I Wonder why......
Who said anything about a private institution? Again you're bringing in all sorts of variables into the eqaution here that don't make any sesne :banghead: .

I'm kinda amazed that people haven't thrown the bible back at stiman. I presume he's talking about leveticus or another author, when leveticus said "Thou shalt not lay with a man as with a woman". But, it also says in the bible that you will not eat shellfish, you will not wear clothes of mixed materials and you will have the right to own slaves. Just because it says its okay/wrong in the bible doesn't mean its okay/wrong everywhere else.
Now I know you really missed the point. The point of this disucssion is'nt why you beleive what you do. Its simply do you agree or disagree. Its that simple. You're going off on a tangent of matters that have nothing to do with the subject at hand. It does'nt matter what the bible says, thats not the point. You're really missing the tip of the iceberg at hand here, I'd highly suggest to take a step back and re-evaluate your stand in this conversation.

posted by  DSMer

If you plan on blaspheming, at least know what you're talking about. Christians care about, and moreover, concern themselves with the sins of fellow humans because we are called to spread the Word. As well, the Bible never makes any reference to the location of God or heaven. The idea that Heaven is in the sky is that the entire universe is essentially above us. Therefore, it probably is out there, or more aptly, up there. As well, the association of hell with the center of earth came from the equation of volcanos to the Bible's portrayal of Hell as a fiery, hot place. Fire comes from underground, therefore Hell could very well be down there.

The fact is, no real Christian tries to offer an answer to where Heaven, Hell, or God, is. So please don't make a conjecture.

posted by  Patrick

This has everything to do with america. With different borders comes different morales, ideas, etc. etc. In iraq, they believe shooting women for not wearing their head mask (forgot what it's called) is correct/morally right. We're talking about america and whether or not;

Geez, and you blame me for saying we should have a center point of view.

See above.

Sacred marriage (equal rights) is a private institution in a church, until the government gets involved.

Stiman brought in the bible, because he agrees with that it says gay marriage is wrong. That drags the bible into place, and I was evaluating the validity of his argument.

My stand in this fight is that I'm for gay-marriage, as there are no problems that affect me, and there is some weird tax burden thing, but the door swings both ways on that issue.
I'm actually trying to fight both sides, as it makes things interesting.

meh, nvm. I'll just sit back and watch, and do more research on the issue.

posted by  Godlaus

Your Message