how to drift in grant turismo 3?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  how to drift in grant turismo 3?

i know its kinda weird to ask this in this forum but how do you drift in gran turismo 3? im 17 so dont say im too old for games :orglaugh:

posted by  ahoo

Do you mean Gran Turismo 4? GT3 came out several years ago.

posted by  StiMan

Just turn off the stability/traction control helpers, get some crappy tires (not race tires obviously) and go to town...remember...RWD is the best for drifting...if it's FWD it's dragging...lol

posted by  NISSANSPDR

lol found it out now jus tap the accelerator during the turn i use a FC3 rx7 thnx alot :thumbs:

posted by  ahoo

Yes cuz lifting the throttle on a turn in a RWD car...causes the back end to come around...it's a real technique. Then you use the steering wheel and accelerator to control the slide

:hi:

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Don't forget about some of us cheap mother f****rs that buy the games once they sell for $20 three years after release date. :laughing:

I just grab a car with 350hp and slap on simulation tires while also taking off stability and traction like NISSANSPDR said.

posted by  ToCkS

Geez, we still aint got GT4 yet lol....should do soon though!....I hope! :thumbs:

I spose ahoo might be a UKion too!...Oh, and whose Grant? :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

I have GT4. came out the Tuesday that I was in Mexico. So it was the first place I went when I got back :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

Ill ask for it on my birthday in April.. I dont feel like spending $50. He he. :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Got it for 39 via my gf who works at Best Buy

posted by  NISSANSPDR

Hows it compare to the previouse versions? I heard it was the same old game with a different packaging and some 500 cars. Do they let you swap engines yet? i have yet to see a game since Tokyo Extreme Racer: Zero to do engine swaps, BTW, that game was complete ownage.

posted by  300zxBoy

I haven't played Tokyo extreme racer zero in forever. I miss it. And I don't think they let you do engine swaps in gt4.

posted by  DSMDriver

i completely passed TER 0 all 400 races or so, i think it might have been a little more than 400. anyway, i dont remember engine swaping.

posted by  Import-tuner

It's now out in the UK.....came out this week, and at the moment it's only £29.99!....Looks like i'll have to get me a new PS2 coz my old one broke :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

You could get the new "slimmer" ps2, that is supposed to run better (if you don't mind the loss of a hardrive and modem), for 149.99 USD.

posted by  Zalight

http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97328/Site/

posted by  ToCkS

sorry i havent been posting for a while. darn teachers at my college are giving me too much work jus cause im in the top class. im gettin GT4 soon just waiting for the price to go down for a bit. i live in new zealand its $115.95 here so while im waiting is the game good?

posted by  ahoo

I'm getting GT4 tomorrow :mrgreen: yay can't wait to play it, I hope it's good.

posted by  GreekWarrior

Yeah i should be getting it today too. Am i the only person who loves to look at the covers n shit? prolly. Im not oo excited though cause i dont play games much. only reason i'm back online is cause my class is advanced. We all use computers. It's kinda cool. But try this on GT3. Get the Corvette racing car, the C5R or whatever the hell it's called and turn off TRC ASM and put all the settings to zero for stability take off rear downforce and get simulation tires. Then drive manual down the test track. but the one with the 100+ turns not the big oval and try not to spin out. IMPOSSIBLE!!!

posted by  VMJYogi

shit true that. aint getting it till friday.

posted by  ahoo

now since that ive got GT4 i might aswell ask the same question. How do u drift? i dont hav a steering wheel so its much harder i guess

posted by  ahoo

Your Message