honda hatch 93, car died

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  honda hatch 93, car died

car just die on me while driving from school...i was told it could be my distributor or my timing belt. wat is it and how can i fix or detect the problem of my car... car couldnt start but it does that starting noise though......

posted by  moobthoj

Starting Noise = Turning over

Bring it to a mechanic. While I am not a know it all. You dont sound like you know anything at all about cars. Bring it to a mechanic or get someone you know who knows alot about cars to fix the problem.

It really could be anything right now you havent discribed your problem good enough. It could be the fuel pump, also check the fuel filter. It could be hundreds of things. How exactly did it die? Did you notice anything happening before it died (like a few days before.. Decreased Power?)

posted by  EvilPodAE

sometimes if there is no baffle in the valve cover you can take off the 710 cap and see the rocker arms, if it isn't an interferance motor then have a buddy crank the motor over and see if the top end is turning, if your crankshaft turns but the rockers aren't moving then you probably broke the belt or stripped the teeth off the belt

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Just listen to the motor when turning it over, if it's smooth, it's your timing belt, if it's not perfectly smooth, well, it could be many things.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

turn key on and listen for pump running, hondas have whats known as a main relay, it controls the fuel pump, and sometimes they go bad

posted by  carlos

HAHAHA 710 cap! Haven't heard THAT in a while! HA! :laughing:

posted by  srober32

caution on turning the engine over with a possible broken timing belt, non-free float valve may cause your pistons to hit the open valves if the timing is off, i beleive all hondas are non-floating. call honda service or good honda mech to inquire.

posted by  doug wong

you mean interferance or non-interferance right?

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

lmfao! My friend was telling me about a woman who asked for a 710 cap when he was working and he's said "a what?", then she went and grabbed it and he laughed at her. Happened to him yesterday actually.

Not to mention the damage will already be done.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Your Message