can anybody help with a cruise control problem?

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  can anybody help with a cruise control problem?

Hi all. I'm new here and would like to get some advise on my problem.I have a 1998 GMC Sierra 1500 half. I was on a two hour highway trip when my cruise suddenly cut out. I pressed the SET button again and it worked again. It cut out again another three times before I got to my destination. On the way home a few days later it cut out again and would not reengage. It is now three weeks later and although I tried it a few times it would not work till on a whim I tried it again today and it worked. Has anyone had this problem before? I would appreciate any advice you could give me. Thanks.

posted by  Terrygn

Sounds like you need a new servo. Probably cost about 20 bucks to get a new one.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Check that all of your vacuum hoses are connected and in good shape.

posted by  srober32

if you have the kind that i think you do,it is a long bar switch with the set button on the end?spray some NUTROL or
similar stuff in the bar switch.these things get full of dirt.check the actuato and make sure the connector ,and the vacuum lines are all ok/go to gm and see if there are any TSB for this problem or try alldata.com .the brake switch
also might be causing havoc.check the fuse socket and make sure it is not intermittent.i have actually seen fuses that were intermittent INSIDE. now thats tuff to find.....
ed

posted by  the lobster

Your Message