In due time gas prices will be skyrocketing throughout the nation and I
thought I would let everyone and remind those who already know about how to
keep your money in your pocket in the long term and add life/performance to
Things you need to do checklist:
1. Change the airfilter $10 ($55 if you get K&N)
2. Change the Spark Plugs. Get good plugs. The best your budget can fit. ($5 each or $20 each for splitfire. Dont get $2 plugs) Splitfires are the best out there.
3. Change your Spark Plug Wires ($20)
4. Change your Cap/Rotor ($20)
4. Check/Change your PCV Valve. Pull out your PCV hose and shake it. If you hear a rattle its good. If not change it. It wont hurt to change it even if you hear the rattle ($5)
5. Change your Gas Filter($10)
6. Change your Oil/Oil Filter ($20)
7. Flush your radiator add new antifreeze. ($15)
8. Use fuel injector cleaner fluid ($7)
9. Check your tire pressure/Tires (Free with Gauge :thumbs: )
Optional tuneups but more expensive:
1. Change your oxygen sensor ($~60)
2. MotorVac your fuel system. Needs to be done by repair shop. ( $60)
Putting that $125 in your car every year will save you gas money in the long run as well as get you more lifetime out of your car.
What the****? why is thef ucking gas prices going up? I thought the peiole in iraq are giving us petrolem. where isthe petrolem? Thatsnot fair to raise the prices! are you sure its raising? :cussing:
well could be problems overseas or maybe cuz your government bent our farmers over and raped them up the ass, we might get our revenge and hike up the prices to trade oil, oh wait we can't do that cuz there are laws in this free trade agreement.... hmmm strange why don't you have to follow them and we do? go george bush you ****ing twat
Gas prices are going up becouse the $ is getting weaker and their is a huge demand for it right now. Around my area regular is $2.09 a gallon. They expect it to go up to $2.54 a gallon. Last year we maxed at like $2.36 I think it was. Right now on my car I pay $29.62 for a full tank that will last 300+ miles. When the prices go up I will be paying $38.10 for a full tank 15 gallons. :banghead:
damn i pay almost a dollar a litre,(for premium) so in an 81 caprice a full tank costs me almost a hundred bucks.i get shit for gas milage but has improved since i took the 5.0L out. i love my Land barge
Holy Crap! 20 bucks for Splitfires? Must be in Canadian currency or something cause I can get Bosch +4's for like 6 or 7 bucks. And you should change the other fluids as well, tranny and the all but forgotten differential lube. Also make sure that your accessories are up to snuff, A/C charged and functioning like it should, although on newer Fords the A/C runs when you turn on the heat(who's bright idea was that). Power steering should not be overlooked as well. :2cents:
Splitfires far surpase anything Bosch can put out. They are racing plugs.