1993 Nissan 240SX with headlight issues

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1993 Nissan 240SX with headlight issues

I am new here, but am hopeful that someone out there can help me with my little problem:

I just purchased a beautiful 1993 Nissan 240SX that I thought had a headlight burnt out. I went to change it, and it still doesn't work. It is the passenger side headlight and it doesn't work on dim or bright. The driver's side one works just fine. I swapped the two to see if it was something simple. Please help.

Anyone have any ideas. I was under the impression that both lights were on the same circut, but it appears that is not the case in this car. I dunno, maybe I know less than I thunk I did. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  tazman15

It could be a bad connector or a bad ground. Get out your trusty multi-meter disconnect the headlight, turn on your headlights and test teh voltage at the connector. There should be three female sockets, two hot, one common or ground. If you have no power on any of the sockets then you have a short somewhere in that circuit. However it sounds more like a ground problem since each side of the headlights is grounded separately and you have no high beams or low beams. :2cents:

posted by  srober32

Or you could just test it with a test light..

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Which ever is easiest for you. :thumbs:

posted by  srober32

Your Message