Amplifier

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Amplifier

On a scale of 1-10 what to do you think is the difficulty of installing your average 2channel amp?

posted by  SUVv6

what speakers do you plan on running the amp to?

posted by  griffinstud78

Im probably gonna get a pair of 6x9s, i dont need a sub, their kinda dumb in my opinoin, not tone really comes out of them, only bass. but anyway, ya a pair of 6x9s

posted by  SUVv6

What does that matter, they're all wired the same unless you have some high dollar dual-voice coil speakers, which, are very rare to say the least.

Wiring up an amp is dead easy. I'd give it a 1 or 2 for wiring, sometimes running the wire is a bastard though, on both my cars I had to rip out the back seat to get the wire to the trunk, and the passanger seat to get it under there. So depending on what way you go. Putting it under a seat is much easier and safer (as in harder to steal) by the way.

There's only a few wire for the amp. There's power and ground obviously, thne the two + and - for the speakers (four wires for two speakers, six for three.... etc), the two RCA's which just slide in, and a remote to turn in on, that's it. You'll have no problem.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

thanks alot man

posted by  SUVv6

Your Message