1991 Buick Regal Spark Plug removal

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1991 Buick Regal Spark Plug removal

hi all I have 1991 buick regal 3.8 and have decided to change the plugs and plug wires only to discover that the back wires and plugs are impossible to access is there a way to rock the motor forward so that I can get at them or is there any way to get at them at all? I can't believe that it has to be this hard to do a simple maintaince like changing spark plugs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

posted by  georgesteele

the front of the engine there is one or two supports look like large dog bones there should be a small bolt hole near the middle of the bone remove the bolt at the bushing monted to the motor end on one or both and rock/pry the motor forward line up the empty bolt hole in the bone with motor bracket replace bolt to hold the engine away from the fire wall hope this helps

posted by  osborste

sometimes you can take the motor mount off(the one on the front and top of the motor) and wedge the motor forward a little a nd stuff a block of wood down there, you really gotta watch for wires that may be stretching or what your prying on or blocking on, usually if you have the right tools(SNAP-ON) you can get a couple of universals and extensions down there, but i dunno good luck

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Those are among the easiest FWD cars to change the plugs on. There's lots of space between the firewall and the motor....

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

support the engine with a jack.undo the front 2 motor mounts.lower it until you can get at the plugs.go to a gm store and ask for a reprint from the service manual to confirm.if you do not want to do that,there are cable type extensions that bend.those plugs are a monster.

posted by  the lobster

Your Message