I want to know the horse power a 89 ciera has.

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  I want to know the horse power a 89 ciera has.

My dad has an 89 cutlass cierra. It has a 3.3 liter engine and it is a v6. I am sure there are only 16 valves because it dont say 24v. I want to know a site or may one of you know how much horse power it has. He bought it used so I would like to know because it seems so fast. :mrgreen:

posted by  Fgreco

Hi my 92 with a 3.3 has 160 hp at 5200rpm would think yours would be the same Slim

posted by  Slimone

hey thanks slimone.

one question what do you mean by at 5200 rpm. Do you mean it only has 160 hp when it reaches 5200 rpm.

posted by  Fgreco

Hi, Thats when the engine devlopes its peak horsepower at 5200 rpms

posted by  Slimone

Also it'll be a 12 valve motor, not 16. 16 would be a V8

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

it depends on how may valves per cylinder if it was only 2 then it would be a 12valve but its probably 4 per cylinder so 24valves. It could be either but it cant be 16.

posted by  Import-tuner

That's what I just said...

Besides, the 3300 motors didn't have OHC, cam's in the block, first OHC V6 motor I can recall from GM is the 3.4 DOHC

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

well, I checked and there is a info sticker about the moter under the hood of the car and it says 3.3 liters. I say this becuase, you say they or I think your saying they only made 3.4 liter and above.

posted by  Fgreco

No, tha'ts not what I'm saying. I was just saying the only 24 valve, DOHC motor GM made in that time-frame was the 3.4. We weren't talking about your motor. For V6's in that year GM made 2.8, 3.1, 3300, 3800. Those are the only ones I can recall, but I think that's it.

posted by  88GrandPrixSE

Hey man if u got more questions or want to read up on cieras (I have an 85 Cutlass Ciera with a 3.8L myself) come visit this cool site.

http://www.oldsconnection.com/

posted by  speedy266

Your Message