Cool Air sound

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Cool Air sound

Many times I saw on the streets cars with this.. I guess it may be some air intake or something..,. When they change the stick there is a compresion air sound comming from the car. Like in fast and furious What is it exactly??

posted by  mumin

I'm not sure exactly what your talking about but it could be from their intake or maybe their intercooler for their turbo

posted by  chud298

are you referring to the blow off valve?

posted by  carls47807

He doesn't know what he's refering to. That's why he asked. :wink2:

posted by  DodgeRida67

It's a blow off valve that vents excess pressure that can cause damage to the (turbines?), as the throttle plate closes, and there's too much pressure built up.

It's mainly used for the sound effect, though.

Everything in the fast and the furious series is wrong, by the way.

posted by  Godlaus

... yeah, like the hole purging thing from the skyline in the start of the 2nd one!!!!

posted by  windsonian

So the conclusion is that this is just sound effect and it is not so good for the engine. Yes?

posted by  mumin

The blowoff does have a purpose, but most people use it for effect rather than to protect engine/turbo parts

posted by  windsonian

Your Message