Windsheild Wiper problems

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Windsheild Wiper problems

I have a problem with my windshield wipers on my 96 Buick Regal. The only setting which works on the wiper system right now is the high. This wouldn't be a problem and has been like this for a couple of months but recently the wiper's stop after being on high for over 15 minutes. What people have been telling me is that the motor is overheating and will stop until it cools down. No other setting's will work either like the intermediate. Any help with this matter would be great.

Thanks,
Andrew

posted by  lightbody

People who ask for help and recieve it usually say thank you. Especially before they ask for more help. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

I am sorry if I seemed rude but I wrote that other thread before I fixed my problem with my other car. Once I fixed that problem I responded with a thank you. If I offended anybody else out there I am sorry.

Thanks again,
Andrew

posted by  lightbody

Unfortunately this probably isn't as simple as your turn signal problem. The chances of the motor overheating, while not zero, is pretty slim.

The wiper system on your car has it's own module (baby computer) in addition to the switch, wiring and motor. Unless you are well equipped to diagnose this system it's best left to a qualified tech. Because of the nature of said module, improper procedure may cause more damage to the system than you have now.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message