Can I change my rearend to Posi-Traction.

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Can I change my rearend to Posi-Traction.

I have a 2000 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Automatic, 2x4 (or actually 1x4). Can I change the rearend to Posi-Traction. Is there a "kit" with instructions to do this and any rough idea on cost? Just started to think about doing it so don't need specifics.

posted by  teg-

the easiest way to do this if you are going to do it yourself is to get a locking rearend from a wrecker off a another that had locking diff then you only have a couple of connections(brake lines and driveshaft) and 4 new ubolts to bolt back onto the springs otherwise shop around and check for warranties

posted by  osborste

get a used one.good luck finding that.most of those trucks are not written off,as they are quite expensive to replace.

posted by  the lobster

Your Message