97 mercury HP question.

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  97 mercury HP question.

Hi I know that the mistique is a slow car but, I want to know how much horse power it has it is a mercury mistique with a v6 2.5 liter engine and it has 24valvs.

posted by  Fgreco

125 Hp

posted by  EvilPodAE

are you sure I have That much horses. That isnt a lot but, I thought around 96hp. I guess what is keeping it back is the small engine. Maybe I compare it to much to my dads 89' cierra with 160 hp and 185 lbs of torque. He also has a 3.3 v6 engine. If anyone knows how much torque My car has I would love to know. Thanks.

I just read that the mistyque GS 2.5 liter v6 engine has 170 hp and that the 4 cylender 2.0 liter engin has 125 hp. I have the GS not The LS, just to make sure you know. thanks again.

posted by  Fgreco

The late 90's 2.5 litre ecotech V6 puts out 125kW (168hp) before any tweeking.

posted by  Wally

So now my dad has a 3.3 liter v6 oldmobile cutlass cierra. I hear it only has 160 horse power. His car is so much faster than mine it isnt funny. WHy is this?

Oh yeah and mine on the side of the cars says 24 valve dohc.

Thanks to everyone so far for helping me with everything.

posted by  Fgreco

Because it has flatter, less peaky power curve? or because it has stump puller gear ratios compared to your taller ones?

posted by  Wally

I get your point but, i dont understand what you said or mean. I just know that your saying I have something different than my dads with makes my car slower. iam i right

posted by  Fgreco

EXCEPT IF YOU DRIVE AT HIGH ALTITUDE .YOU LOSE 4 PERCENT PER 1000 FEET,WITH A NORMALLY ASPIRATED ENGINE.YOU LOSE 1 PERCENT AT 10000 FEET WITH A TURBO.

posted by  the lobster

The lobster I dont understand what you mean. I lose horse power or engine power.

posted by  Fgreco

Your Message