1995 Geo Tracker Over Revs when shifting

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1995 Geo Tracker Over Revs when shifting

I recently purchased a 95 Geo Tracker. I drove it 100 miles home and it ran and shifted fine. I stored it is my garage for a week and got it out today. When I go to shift and push in on the clutch the engine over revs and sometimes even redlines. The gas pedal is not sticking, and when I put it in Nuetral and rev the engine it revs fine. Does anyone know what the problem could be. Thanks

posted by  colby

THE CLUTCH IS PROBABLY THE PROBLEM.
CHECK THE FLUID ,I THINK THAT CLUTCH IS HYDRAULIC.

posted by  the lobster

Clutches often cause engines to rev too high while the pedal is depressed. It's a very common problem... Well, not really but whatever you care to think. Remember, helping people resolve there problems on this forum isn't about using facts and good judgement. Nope, it's all about ignorant opinions and probably using a dart board.

Go tell your mommy it time to turn off your 'puter and go nighty night... And don't tell me you're a pilot again. I've already got it and still don't care.

Honestly your description kind of sucks. It would be helpful to have better information. Read this http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2200 and if you're still interested please tell us more.

That being said, as I recall the clutch, brake and gas pedals all hang from a common shaft on your Tracker (they do on some but I don't recall what year range). I have seen them where depressing the brake will make the engine rev or depressing the clutch will make the brakes drad, so... Maybe you have a binding problem in the pedal assembly that a little lubrication will cure. Maybe.

posted by  vwhobo

did a little research looks like he might have a cable operated pedal. only suzuki used hydralic's. here's the adjustment. pic get a manual you might do it yourself

posted by  osborste

MAYBE ITS AFTER MARKET WIRING FROM AN ANTI THEFT SYSTEM THAT IS STRANGLING THE GAS PEDAL LINKAGE.SORRY I KIND OF READ THE CLUTCH PROBLEM DYSLEXIC.AND BY THE WAY,MY MOMMY CAN'T SHUT OFF THE COMPUTER,SHE IS AS OLD AS YOUR GRANDMOTHER.
BESIDES ,SHE PASSED AWAY 8 YEARS AGO.

posted by  the lobster

Please allow me to translate this paragraph from Pilot Speak to standard English;

"I really didn't know what I was talking about but I couldn't help myself. I have to type something to make myself feel smart even though I have no clue about the subject at hand. Thank you for indulging me and giving me a reason to live."

Sorry about your grandmother, but if mine were alive they's be 104 and 102 respectively.

posted by  vwhobo

You know Hobo, I have to say, these pilot cracks of yours are very amusing. :hi: :orglaugh:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Me too. How about these borrowed jokes?.

Q. How do you know if there is a pilot at a party?
A. He'll make damn sure to tell you.

Q. How do you know a party is half over?
A. When the pilot says "that's enough about my airplane, let's talk about me."

Q. What's the difference between a jet engine and a pilot?
A. The engine stops whining when it gets to the gate.

posted by  vwhobo

Those are GREAT!!!!!!!

posted by  jdubya

hey i went to the squeeeky brakes one and it was closed.imagine a restraunt that has no burgers left. you know what i do you wise cracks like you?
climb out to 15000 ft.then we pretend we are parachuting to a party.
the only difference is ,when I PULL THE RIP CORD ,YOU SAY HEY....WHERES MINE?

posted by  the lobster

UUUUUUUUmmmmm, OK. You are supposed to let off the gas when shifting.

posted by  srober32

she drove it a hundred miles home.i think shifting was involved .the wierd thing is if the pedal bushings are binding then the brakes would more than likely bind too.they are beside the clutch.now if it is a cable clutch,maybe the cable is hanging up and not releasing the clutch quick enough.freaky stuff.a good flashlight and have a look see.

posted by  the lobster

air canada 855 cleared for takeoff 08 right,center stored.altimeter 3015.cleared straight out 8000.right turn to 185 to belligham vor.contact seattle centre when advised.....

posted by  the lobster

I have a similar problem, with my zuke, I know that the downshift cable needs to be adjusted. it's right beside the throttle cable.

posted by  bikemon

Downshift cable?

posted by  vwhobo

Wow you must really be a smart one coming up with a brilliant answer like that.

posted by  colby

did the problem ever get solved ?

posted by  the lobster

Your Message