2001 honda civic help

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  2001 honda civic help

I have a 2001 honda civic ex sedan. I have busted tail light on the drivers side . the signal lights work fine but its the outer covering thats broken and i recently purchased a replacement one. It seemed like it would be easy to replace it myself. I unscrewed the old one, unhooked the wires which slip out easily and removed the bulbs but i am really having a hard time removing the broken tail light. It seems jammed but there no more screws attached. Am i doing something wrong or should i just use more force to push it out? Any suggestions? I dont really want to go to the shop and pay them to do it when its something that i can easily do myself :ohcrap:

posted by  mrembo

this may help, it may not, but my friend went into a slide he couldnt handle and dented the back corner in, including the light. He ended up having to pry it out with a screw driver and hammer :laughing:

posted by  transgr3ssi0n

go to honda and get an exploded view of the assembly from the manual,or microfiche.if you are positive that you have all the screws out,the gasket might be holding in the light assembly....good luck with it .

posted by  the lobster

Just found out that i have to take out the rear bumper....any ideas of how to do this?

posted by  mrembo

wow.it is probably bolted on from underneath.you have that new body style with the angled corners.my brother in law has the same car,unfortuneately,i have not had to take off the bumper.i cant really help there.if you go to the library,you might find a chilton manual,if that does not work,go to honda and get a reprint from the service manual.

posted by  the lobster

Your Message