UGLY pinstripes

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  UGLY pinstripes

Odds are if you have the original paint on an almost ten year old car, yes there will be a difference in color. However if the pinstripe is removed without damaging the finish, unless you look for it really hard you won't see the difference. Different paint colors also fade at different rates so that is a factor in the equation as well. Good luck.

posted by  vwhobo

there is a pinstripe on the prelude i have, I would really like to take it off, but the problems is i have heard that the paint will be unfaded underneith the vinyl pinstripe, so basically i could remove it and the paint will be brighter than the rest of the car, is this true? Is there any chance there willl be no difference when it is removed?

posted by  Prelude420

ok... different paint colors fade at different rates... how could i find out more about this to see my chances of it being that noticeable, the cars a real dark blue (b68p) is the honda code, who could i find out more about this from?[/quote]

posted by  Prelude420

The only way to find out is to take the pinstripe off. I can quote you theory all day long but it still comes down to the fact that every car has led a different life so there is no one absolute answer. Your best bet is to just take it off and cross your fingers. Hell, you haven't even indicated what the paint looks like right now, and that right there will tell you alot.

posted by  vwhobo

Com'on 420...just peel them off...what's the worst that can happen?

posted by  BavarianWheels

Your Message