What's that noise? Trans. or Clutch?

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  What's that noise? Trans. or Clutch?

Hey everyone.

This is my first time posting to car-forum, and based on the what I've read so far, I'm hoping you all can help me out. I've been doing a bunch of repairs to my 1996 HONDA CIVIC, but I've got this noise problem. Whenever the clutch pedal is pressed down, this rubbing (scratching) noise stops, but when I let the pedal up (in neutral or in gear), it makes the noise again. While driving (rpms going up & in gear) the noise gets louder and louder. I just noticed last night that if I'm rolling backwards, while the clutch pedal is pressed down, the car starts making the noise again.
Do you guys know if this could be a tranmission problem or a clutch problem? I just had my clutch replaced (it was making the same noise before the replacement), but what I've read so far makes me wonder if the preasure plate is the problem. Any ideas? I could really use your guys help! Thanks so much.

posted by  blindtea

it could be the release bearing wasn't replaced or the pilot bearing when the clutch was done but then you said the noise started in reverse with pedal in so is the noise while the car is rolling or stopped ?

posted by  osborste

The noise happens always when the clutch pedal is up, however I just noticed it also happening when the pedal is down and the car is rolling backwards. If the car is standing still and the pedal is down there is no noise. Thanks for you help. I really appreciate it!

posted by  blindtea

ok car parked pedal down no noise(not even a little) car parked pedal released noise i'm thinking release bearing have the shop that did your clutch listen to it you must have got some kind of a warranty with it

posted by  osborste

Your Message