Mazda Idioling low

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Mazda Idioling low

Its a 93 Mazda 626. When i come to a stop it idiols low and sounds and feels like its gonna shut off but never does (thank god) it also does it in park. I just wanted to know what it could possibly be, i know it has an oil leak but i was told it was probably the timing. Anything wil be much appreciated. Thank you.

posted by  saki1123

when was the last tune-up spark plugs and wires rotor and cap (if it applies) air filter fuel filter pcv

posted by  osborste

Im not sure i just bought it im taking it tomm to a shop and just wanted to have an idea of what to expect. The person i bought it for said he just had a censor fixed and that it had been sitting around for a while but he put a new battery in and it was fine.

posted by  saki1123

probably tune-up time, the low or rough idle might be a misfire due to, plugs,wires,cap,rotor,etc. do a compression test if your pulling the plugs out :thumbs:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

i saw a problem twice that did the same thing.it was a 93 mazda mx3 precidia 4 cylinder.the idle would drop from 900 rpm to the 400 range and then 1/2 second later pop up to 900,but not stall.there is a vacuum operated idle speed controller that is supposed to reduce emissions upon de -celleration.
it gets sticky.... i saw the same thing on a miata as well...let us know.

posted by  the lobster

Your Message