Power steering system flush

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Power steering system flush

What's the best way to do a complete power steering system flush?
I will be doing this on my wife's Acura Integra.

Thanks,

David

posted by  davidgpo

With a power steering system flush machine. This is a trick question, right?

posted by  vwhobo

VWHOBO,

This is not a trick question. I've heard that it could be done without exotic equipment, using the power steering pump to pump out the old fluid while you pour in the new fluid.

David

posted by  davidgpo

Well apparently it is because you can't even comprehend it yourself... And you wrote it.

You very specifically asked "What's the best way to do a complete power steering system flush?" I gave you a direct and legitimate answer. If you wanted some other form of information, you should have asked for it. I DO NOT "know what you mean" because you are not my wife. Words mean things but only if they're used properly.

posted by  vwhobo

This must be the English Grammer a$%hole website, I'm sorry that I mistook it for a website for assistance on auto mechanics.

posted by  davidgpo

Hey David, why do you have to flush the system though? Do you flush it cuz the fluid is dirty??

posted by  CarEXPERT

The fluid is dirty and I like replacing all fluids (engine oil more often) every two years. Dirty fluid will wear the pump and rack out quicker than clean fluid. That is how I get my cars to last twenty years!

Happy motoring,

David

posted by  davidgpo

The problem with flushing the system with out the machine is that you will more than likely get air in the system. Disconnect the return hose, plug it off at the pump, put the loose end into an empty container, remove the filler cap, start engine fill reservoir with new fluid as it empties until fluid coming out of return line is clean, shut off engine, reatach return line to reservoir and check for leaks.

posted by  srober32

Your Message