The Cooling System

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  The Cooling System

?????

posted by  vwhobo

Definitely a good read for anyone! Thanks vwhobo :thumbs:

posted by  Unfedfat

The radiator cap has two jobs to do. And the first is to hide the {thomostat} I think thats how they spelled it. Jokes aside, I had no idea that a thermostat used wax, I always assumed(ass you me) it was bi-metal controlled. Well, I'm certain your garage is going to enlighten a hell of a lot of people, me included :rolleyes:

posted by  lectroid

I know of whom you speak and he would have been correct if he was talking about the right car. I'm glad you found some useful information in my rambling. I hope we can all learn something from each other.

posted by  vwhobo

Bet me, I will learn a hell of a lot more from you :D

posted by  lectroid

You know I got to thinking about my reply to your last post and realized I missed an opportunity. You brought up the bi-metal thermostat and yes, they do exist but are very uncommon due to the fact that they're more expensive to make and are more prone to problems from corrosion in the system.

Also some newer cars, the VW Phaeton comes to mind, have electronic thermostats controlled by the PCM, and that should be an expensive little job to replace it. I'm sure the thermostat isn't cheap and you have to remove the intake manifold to get to it.

posted by  vwhobo

30/70 is the highest protection mix.

posted by  DodgeRida67

you should talk about Evans cooling systems, NPG and NPG+
http://www.evanscooling.com/index2.html

ive have a somewhat idea on how it works and the differences but maybe you can help :P its supposed to be better than water/antifreeze can be.

posted by  Arthur

thank you vwhobo.I learn so much when you do Gearhead Garage.

posted by  archangle

whew, had a hard time reading what you wrote down :ohcrap: . thanks for the information vwhobo. you think you can write about the suspension and ground effect? i really want to know what they are and what they can do :drool:

posted by  ENiGmA

Why cant I read ANYTHING?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to know about coolingsystem too where is it?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Where does coolantflow through the radiator to make the coolant cool off?

posted by  CarEXPERT

Through the whole thing. :smoke:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Your Message