93 ford taurus SHO problems

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  93 ford taurus SHO problems

New to here- I have a 93 ford taurus SHO that wont start- I washed the engine- thats when the problem started- i changed out the ignition control module($130) and I checked out the coil pack- it still wont start- looks like no spark- i cleaned out the spark plugs - fuel pump is working - no fuses are blown. If I take out the plug to the coil pack the #4 slot on the plug has power from the batery but when i try to start it there is no power pulse coming out of the other 3 slots on the plug- Is there a way to test the ignition control module ?? or is there a way to test the coil pack to see if its working?? or is there anyother relay that i need to check?? Thanks for any help

posted by  ssgcelso

the #4 wire red with green stripe? this is the main feed to the coil and module
it sound more like the module is not getting a signal from the cam or crank sensors but could be a bad coil. how bad did you wash the engine?(garden hose or pressure wash. with a pressure wash you may have loosened some connections

posted by  osborste

thanks for the reply- yes the red with green stripe wire- it has power. I washed it with a garden hose, I was careful to avoid the top of the engine but it looks like i might have gotten water in somewhere- How do I test the coil pack? thanks

posted by  ssgcelso

need a manual for instructions and spec's and a multi meter sorry that all i can tell you on this i dont have a manual for a taurus

posted by  osborste

i had someone do that to my car.it ran like a paint mixer.here is what i would do.i would take a blow drier and dry all the stuff first.then get the resistance specs from ford as the sho was a limited production car,and measure the coil resistance ,and the voltages to the module. ALL the ignition stuff has to be bone dry.plugs,wires,everything.all the connectors on power control modules,and the fuse box itself.

posted by  the lobster

Your Message