newbies

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  newbies

Hey vwhobo,
I've been interested in cars for quite some time, but like so many others, I have only looked at the exterior. I've recently been on a venture to learn as much as I can about the innerworkings of a car and I can think of no better way than to get it straight from somebody like you. I think that the gearhead garage is really awesome and I think it'll teach us all something.

posted by  macewielder

Welcome aboard, hope you find what you're looking for here. There's a great cross section of experience, knowledge and opinions on this forum.

posted by  vwhobo

hi im also a newbie, but im rarely online, so if i dont reply fer ages thats the reason, so yeah this place seems awesome. im currently trying to disasemble a Yamaha street bike, with little success. could use ANY advice on the matter!

posted by  Acid_burn

Well the logical first step is to decide what year (and model) bike you're working on and then get yourself a manual for it. Without that happening, you're only looking for problems.

posted by  vwhobo

yeah, this i tryed but found that the bike was too screwed up to determine what yr or make, but with much serfing of the internet, i narowed it down:
Yamaha TX 500 1977 or Yamaha XS650SG most likely the first one, but again not sure. looks somthin like this, only way more screwed up
http://www.thanc.de/Motorcycles70s/Yamaha%20TX%20500.jpg

posted by  Acid_burn

Hmmm. It should be pretty easy to tell the difference. For one the shape of the cylinder heads are completely different. Also the fact that the engine size is cast into the case assembly should be of minor help too.

posted by  vwhobo

If all else fails, use a crow bar.Thats what I did to my moped :cussing: That was real smart of me.

posted by  Vanman5001

do you know anything? its all about the Duct Tape!!!!

posted by  SuperJew

haha, what about the.....uhh.....SAFTEY PINS!!! :doh:

posted by  Satty101

welz, here might b where the problem lies....the engine, is sorta, gone. :ohcrap: but since its gone im assumeing i can put in any kind of engine? that fits of course.

posted by  Acid_burn

i'd have to agre wit the safety pins. i also like the plasma cutter a great deal. :smoke:

posted by  Acid_burn

Really? Now once again I guess I'm getting confused by my old age. Who was it who said this in a prior post?

Wait a minute it was you. So you need advice on how to take the engine apart... But the engine is gone. Maybe I'm not the one who's confused after all. Are there any other stories you'd like to tell us so you can forget them later?

posted by  vwhobo

yeah, i guess i forgot to mension that i lost the engine, and now need another one that fits in the frame... :tard: srry, need2 go take my pills...

posted by  Acid_burn

Oh, I see, now you've "lost" the engine. Happens every day. I'm sure you need to go take your pills, but that might be all you need. Sounds like a bullsh*tectomy might be in order too.

posted by  vwhobo

OK vwhomo, ive had enough of you. Your an asshole.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Wow...you're the first to come up with that one! :doh:

And if you haven't noticed...@sshole is his title.

posted by  BavarianWheels

The correct statement would be "you're an asshole". Yes, spelling counts. Of course, I have previously identifed that. And since you are once again in a name calling mood let's call you a 'squirrel dicked douche bag'. Yep, that fits.

posted by  vwhobo

I am also a newbie. I have been reading the Gearhead Garage and have learned more here than anywhere else on the net. Thanks VWHobo:thumbs:

posted by  afterhrsplayer

oh well thanx fer ur help :fu: but its hard to keep track of my stuff in auto shop when dickhead guys steal shit from me!!!! look i may not know much bout cars, and thats why im here, u dont have to be an ass to me.

posted by  Acid_burn

Trust me, you're nothing special sweetie, I'm an asshole to all the idiots. If you were telling the truth it would be so much easier to keep your story straight. By the way, you're a real badass using the FU smilie, congratulate yourself.

posted by  vwhobo

Ok, i thought his was a car forum. not a little kiddies group where we all run around calling each other names. Sorry im a newbie too but Burn, tell us ur current situation and we may be able to help...?

posted by  RedLinER

Yeah, it is a forum, but some little kiddies argue in it... :banghead: Read all of the above posts in the forum and you will see what the problem is.. :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

ok ur right, srry fer acting like a bitch. ok so im working on a motorcycle, im a junior in highschool, im in auto shop. this kid in my class kenny stole my old engine, i have no clue what year or modle it is. im currently sanding off all the paint on the frame and gas tank. just ferget bout the engine, just tell me what kind of clear coat i should put on.

posted by  Acid_burn

Good good, you know how to apologise. :thumbs: What do you want the bike for? To be a motorcross bike? :hi: A show bike? :smoke: What sort of effect are you after?

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Please stop your blathering now! If you spent more time reading and less time typing you would know her bike will never be a motocross bike. GET A CLUE! :banghead:

posted by  vwhobo

Ok ok, so i forgot what the bike was because it was nearly two weeks ago that i read the full thread, so sue me. All i read was the last post and was trying to have some sort of input. What the hell was it i did that pissed you off so much? Give me a straight answer and i will stop doing it. I didn't come here to argue, to piss people off nor to "waste bandwidth", i want to learn and what ever it takes to do that i'm willing to try...

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

That is exactly your problem. You said "All i read was the last post and was trying to have some sort of input". Newsflash Ace, you don't always have to or need to have some sort of input. Save the input for when you have something useful to say, which is not very often.

Spend less time typing, more time reading and you might actually learn something. That is what you claim to want to do, isn't it?

posted by  vwhobo

welz, its gonna b a decor type thing in my room, no engine, and no $$ therefore no functioning. but i still love workin on it. yes i know pathetic, but i dont mind. i was thinkin sorta factory style raw metal, but im gonna have flames on he gas tank. :smoke:

posted by  Acid_burn

Your Message