1995 Chevrolet Cavalier turning signal

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1995 Chevrolet Cavalier turning signal

Today my turning signal just stopped working. I know the bulbs are not burnt out and all my fuses are good. recently when I put my signal on it would flash very slow and sometimes fast, and sometimes freeze on. Now the signal doesn't work at all inside or outside my car. My hazard lights are working fine. It is a manual 95 cavalier 4cyl 2.2L. It it a 2 door and no fog lights if that matters. If someone could help me out it would be very appriciated. Thank you

posted by  BooFA1010

it's probably your turn signal flasher. it's a cylindrical object about 1-1/4" diameter and about 1" tall. it's in the fuse block.

posted by  dodger65

I dont want to seem like a newbie but what exactly is the fuse block? where is it?

posted by  BooFA1010

it's where all the fuses are. i assumed you knew, since you said all the fuses were good. if you don't know where they are, look under the dash in the steering column side. or look in your owners' manual and that will tell you.

posted by  dodger65

hehe, I understand now. I just wasnt sure whether it was the one inside or the one in my hood. So you are saying the big fuses in my fuse block i should check?

posted by  BooFA1010

actually, i looked at autozone.com and it says the flasher is located:

FRONT SEATING AREA, DRIVER SIDE, UNDER DASH, MOUNTED ON UNDERSIDE OF LOWER STEERING COLUMN

what you are looking for is a little cylinder about 1-1/4" diameter and 1" thick, with 2 wires coming out of it.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=TRD&mfrpartnumber=55 2&parttype=121&ptset=A

paste that into your browser, that's it.

posted by  dodger65

I am having a hard time finding it. I will take a look tomorrow in the day time. Is it suppose to stick out to me or like hiding somewhere?

posted by  BooFA1010

alright, try this

turn on your flashers and find where the clicking sound is coming from. right next to it might another one for your turn signal.

posted by  carls47807

here's copy from my manual 82-94

posted by  osborste

pretty sure he said it was a 95 though... maybe it's on the side of the passenger door?

posted by  carls47807

i'm under the impression that it's plumb out of clicks.

if it helps, it may not be metal, actually it's pretty likely that it's colored plastic

posted by  dodger65

he said his flashers (hazard lights) are working fine. so if he finds where the hazard "flasher" is, the flasher for the signals might be in the close vicinity of it.

So, basically turn on your four way hazard blinkers (whatever you want to call them) and find the clicks.

posted by  carls47807

looked up a 95 here's what i copied
FRONT SEATING AREA, DRIVER SIDE, UNDER DASH, MOUNTED ON UNDERSIDE OF LOWER STEERING COLUMN
same place for the four-way flasher

posted by  osborste

dude, i just posted that like 5 posts back... :screwy: :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

great mind think alike didn't go that far back :laughing:

posted by  osborste

I finally found that fuse thing that is under my dash. It is hidden way under everything and all the way in the back. I guess I need to get a new one and try it out

posted by  BooFA1010

let us know what happens...

posted by  dodger65

I will probably look to get the part on Monday and definetly let you all know what happens.

posted by  BooFA1010

YOu could try swapping the hazard flasher for the turn signal flasher for now, at least to get you going.

posted by  srober32

or--the flashers are available almost anywhere these days. wal-mart, gas stations, walgreens. it's hard to get away from them. but do it soon, we're impatient :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

I went out and bought that turn signal flasher, then I found the one i needed to replace. i switched them and now my signals are working better than ever. They are flashing at approx. 90BPM ;) Thank you for everyones help im a happy camper now :smoke: :hi:

posted by  BooFA1010

The speed they are flashing is because you replaced it with a heavy duty one. I do not know if police check the flashers for flashing speed but at least you know where the relay is now. :thumbs:

posted by  srober32

I am sure mine is perfect because I bought it at the GM dealership. It cost like $4 :)

posted by  BooFA1010

Your Message