1987 s-10 trans

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1987 s-10 trans

Does anyone know where I might find an exploded view of the 1987 Chevy s-10 four speed Isuzu M73 tranny? The problem I am having is 1st and 2nd gears are not engaging but 3rd and 4th do. The shfter is intact and the linkage that I can see below it still move freely.

posted by  srober32

is it grinding going into first from a stop or just hard going from 1st to 2nd and ok to start off in 1st thinking the input shaft is still turning with engine to start in first stiff/jammed pilot bearing or there's no listing for a syncro gear for 1st and 2nd gear in the parts list

posted by  osborste

No grinding, shifter goes into position but doess not engage the gears, works on 3rd and 4th.

posted by  srober32

no noise at all is it posable the 1st/2nd gear are wornout slipping on the countershaft will the truck move in 1st gear

posted by  osborste

Truck only moves in 3rd and 4th, and in reverse, maybe I'll just rip into it and see what's up.

posted by  srober32

if it only moves in 3rd and 4th then the gear for 1st and 2nd is damaged/spinning on the shaft not engaging the teeth on shaft. to bad can't find pic's for it

posted by  osborste

Pics would have been nice, at least I would have known what to look for. Oh well, thanks for the help, anyway.

posted by  srober32

was checking www.car-part.com for your tranny you could get another for 50.00 up to 250.00 from a wreaker in your area

posted by  osborste

Thanks, man, I will definately add that site to my favorites! :thumbs:

posted by  srober32

Or I could put two 38 cent :cussing: roll pins in the shift forks. Lemme tell ya how pissed I was! I just have to change out my clutch now and put it all together. :thumbs:

posted by  srober32

Your Message