wiring in a honda accord

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  wiring in a honda accord

hi, i have an 86 accord and when i bought it the stock stereo's power would cut in and out as do the lights beside the gear selection and A/C light, first i checked all the fuses, then i put a cd player in, now the power to that works fine but everytime I use the power antenae the power to the cd player cuts out until i stop using the power antanae, and the other lights still cut out, does anyone have any ideas or know of a good site with the schematics for the dash?

posted by  jarvisx2000

Sounds like a bad ground in the console, as for the schematic I do not have that info, Wally, VWHobo, or some others might though.

posted by  srober32

It could be a bad ground but i still dont understand why, when I use the power antanae it would turn the power off to the stereo though, I just don't get it.

posted by  jarvisx2000

The amperage through the ground is greater than the connection allows, which, if what I think is happening is true, it is either a loose connection or a corroded connection

posted by  srober32

sounds like your stereo is in series with the power antenna.when the antenna draws current the voltage is dropping to the stereo.

posted by  the lobster

Your Message