vacume hose.

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  vacume hose.

Hi my vacume hose had a whole in it and the check engine light whent back on. They didnt put a new part in but I was just wondering where the vacume hose is located so I can see if it is broken. thanks.

posted by  Fgreco

that is way too vague. how about maybe copying whatever was written on the receipt from whover fixed it the first time onto a post so we can maybe help you...

posted by  dodger65

i have to agree i'm here to help but i'm not going to go back throught all the posts to find your cars info sorry

posted by  osborste

Sorry about that guys. I didnt think of copying everything on the reciept. I will do that right when I get home. By the way I didnt even tell you the car I have :banghead: I have a mercury mystique it is a 97' with a v6 dohc 24 valve engine. Oh yeah 2.5 liter engine. I dont think this will help but, I just said it just incase it might help I will tell you what my reciept said. SOrry again. thanks again

posted by  Fgreco

Ok here we go the reciept says.

Check engine light on.
found and repaired emission vac hose. That is all it says sorry this probley doesnt help that much

posted by  Fgreco

[QUOTE=Fgreco]Ok here we go the reciept says.

Check engine light on.
found and repaired emission vac hose. That is all it says sorry this probley doesnt help that much[/QUOTE

guess here but egr solenoid valve or egr itself have emission vac hose and would cause ses to light

posted by  osborste

yeah they found a leak in a peice of the hose and they say they fixed it probley with some glue now the light is on agian. i just wanted to know where the hose is located in the car. I am sure all cars are different but, what are some places it can be. I want to see if it is still cut. So I dont lose my head over worrying aobut it. lol :banghead:

posted by  Fgreco

look your car up at www.autozone.com repair info/repair guide's/select year/make/model/driveability& emissions/ on the rightside look for vacuum diagrams/find your year for vacuum diagram then you can check your vacuum hoses for hole's but it maybe a failed sensor let us know

posted by  osborste

it might also be the evap system... fords can be touchy about that... i.e. don't fill up w/ your car running.. :banghead:

posted by  dodger65

buy a piece of vacuum hose 2 feet long.substitute hoses one at a time until the problem goes away,...or use a three foot piece as a stethoscope to find a hissing noise.there are many different hoses in there.

posted by  the lobster

Thanks for all your advice. I wont flip up the hood and burn the hell out of myself lol. I will tell you all what the problem really is on wednesday. thanks again

posted by  Fgreco

Your Message