98 Jetta GLX Horn Problem

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  98 Jetta GLX Horn Problem

I recently purchased a 98 Jetta GLX VR6 5-SPD with 99,000 miles and I am having trouble with the horn. I was driving down the road and the horn just stayed on by itself. I shut the car off and evry time I turn the ingnition on the horn stays on, so I pulled the fuse and have been driving without a horn. Also when I turn on the left blinker after about 5 seconds it starts to blink fast like I have a bulb out, this just started happening after the horn problem and I pulled the fuse. This is my first volkswagen and I dont reely know where to start looking for maby a cut or loose wire and I can't find a wiring diagram either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

posted by  alltracturbo

my first thought would be the horn switch. I'm not sure about how to get into the switch on that car, but I'm guessing it's going to involve dismantling the steering wheel.???
I know it's annoying to have the horn on, but test the blinker again with the fuse in place. This will confirm whether or not the blinker problem is related to the fuse problem.

Once you've confirmed this, you may remove the fuse again (unless you like the shock value of driving with permanent horn action :hi: )

posted by  windsonian

Your Message