Trans stuck in gear

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Trans stuck in gear

:doh: HI there I have a 93 Hyundai excel, 2.8L, Manual trans 5 speed that was hit by a deer the other day on the highway. The transmission is stuck in gear and I have no feeling in the shifter. I can see the linkage on top of the Trans moving but I can not feel any gears. When I push the clutch in the car comes out of gear but when I release it again it is back. Can any one give me any suggestions or will I have to take the Trans out and bring it to a shop? :doh:

posted by  Aimec

Leave the trans in and take the car to a body shop, because it sounds like you have problem with the body out of allignment.

posted by  srober32

actually, you may have a cable snapped. (as far as i know) on imports, there are two cables and two levers on the trans, one that moves when you move the shifter from side to side, and one that moves when you move the shifter from front to back. see which way it does not move and go from there...

posted by  dodger65

Both of the cables are working and are conected to one leaver. When i move the shifter it is moving the leaver side to side and up and down. But i am not feeling anything and the trans will not come out of gear.

posted by  Aimec

does it seem like you're getting full movement of the shifter? if so, i'm gonna say that it seems to be broken linkage in the trans. (whether or not i'm right remains to be seen :hi: )

posted by  dodger65

yes i am getting full movement of the shifter. That is what i was afraid of that there was something wrong inside. Thanks for the help i will keep all posted.

posted by  Aimec

Your Message