Futura Challenger GTH

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Futura Challenger GTH

I just bought a 96 honda accord on weds. The left front tire needs air but the car has the Challenger GTH (i know they suck) and i can't get the valve cap off to put air in it. Its the same with all of them. They don't twist off. Is there something im missing with getting these things off?

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

ii had a set of fancy aluminum valve caps they looked good when it came time to put air it :cussing: two diff metals try using two needle-nose pliers one hold the valve the other on the cap if you dont want to scratch them put a cloth between the pliers and cap :thumbs:

posted by  osborste

i tryed that yesterday and my dad tryed it...no luck :cussing:

maybe a little heat (paint stripper type hair dryer or a couple quick passes with a propane torch) after that then the only thing i can think of now is a tire shop have the valve stems replaced

posted by  osborste

would a reg hair dyer work if it was like brand new?

not enough heat a bic lighter would work

posted by  osborste

jsut tryed the lighter..had it on for like a min and 30 secs...didn't work

looks like your off to the tire shop that about it with out damaging the stem or rim
any chance you can post a pic of these caps?

posted by  osborste

i took pictures but i can't get them on here....

i think my mom wants to go and get me new tires since the futuras suck...any recommendations?

i live in canada it would be close to a snow tire :laughing: :laughing:
pick out a tire you like roll it out to the car and look at it picture it on the car
my choice high milage tough tread(some are noisey on the highway)
open groves on the shoulder's(lets the snow and rain excape under the tread)
other than that the choice is up to you

posted by  osborste

well i live in new jersey so the weather isn't too much different...we still get snow and such

the file size has to be less than 100kb and a bmp/jpeg/gif file

posted by  osborste

the best tire i have encountered is the bfgoodrich radial t/a. thier tread life and well manners in varying weather conditions; not to mention their good looks make them a great buy. I have gotten over 45000 miles, with frequent rotation, from a set (it was on a van none the less)

posted by  neslorelyks

Michellin makes a good tire as well, and I have seen people get over 60k miles from them. A good all weather tire by them is the Rainforce, I have them on my s-10 and am very happy with them, good ride and traction, quiet too. :thumbs:

posted by  srober32

yeah last night it rained and even when i hit the gas semi hard my tires wouldn't grip for like 5 secs or more...though fun at first, it started to piss me off

toyo's and yokohamas are what i like for trucks the yokohama geolander at +2's are very nice all around tire and for cars in summer i go toyo 800 ultra (they have a newer better line now but ive gotten about 2 years on these tires and still have another 2 to go. and for winter the toyo observe go2 is one sticky tire :thumbs: :2cents:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

I work in a tire shop in ohio so i know my tires toyos are definetly the cost effective way to go about thing radial t/as are good michlens are over rated in my mind but a good one would be a goodyear assurance comfort tread is cool but the triple tread is awesome they have great traction in any weather and good performance aswell plus a long life i have this on my tauras and my merkur. btw i work for an independent tire dealer so we arent bias towards goodyear just likem

posted by  i8a4re

Your Message