Vibrating

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Vibrating

when my 96 acccord hits about 60 or above my steering wheel starts to vibrate...im thinking its because my tires need to be balanced..any other ideas or do you think thats the issue?

posted by  GonnaDie4TheGov

no your right a bad tire(out of balance will shake the steering rattle the dash )
have them check the front end before they balance the tire's for ball joints and tie rods that might be worn
hey did you get new tire's yet

posted by  osborste

when i hit higher speeds like 70 or 80 the entire car vibrates...same issue? jsut at higher speeds the entire car is affected instead of jsut the steering wheel?

did you get new tire's yet
your last couple of posts you said the car sucked in the rain how much tread is left you might have a broken belt(steel cord inside the tire's rubber)any obvious bulges or bumps weather crackes in tread or side walls
the front tires you will feel in steering rear you feel in the seat and body of the car

posted by  osborste

i haven't gotten new tires yet...im broke at the moment but i prob gonna get some high performance michellins or however its spelled...but getting them balanced will prob be sometime this week. though my car is kinda stuck since the latch to my hood broke...my dad is hopefully going to replace that tomorrow. :banghead: so many things go wrong to a low priced car and no the tires are like brand spankin new looking..no cracks or anything

then just get them balanced have them check the tires on the balancer for wobble in the tire and tread they can check for bent rims at this time too

posted by  osborste

could be the tires or wheel bearings some case's the rotor's are bad

posted by  utah115

I know this thread is very old but i got my tires about 2 weeks ago and all the vibrating is gone except for when i brake semi-hard but thats b/c i don't have abs. The only bad thing was when i went to get the rims off they had to cut off the security lugnuts. So im gonna look on ebay and get some cheap silver or black rims. is it true that silver get dirty and tarnish very easily? if so then is it a better idea to go with the black? from what im gathering my rims are 16" but im not positive...is there a sure way to find out without having to take them somewhere?

Your tire will tell you the rim size...look at the R, the last number in the PXXX-XX RXX <---that's your rim size. :thumbs:

posted by  97Talonchik

engine mount
worn ball joint
bent or loose LCA

posted by  Wally

if your braking semi hard and you get a shimmy in the steering wheel, it's usually because of warped rotors, or high hard spots on the rotors, NOT BECAUSE OF ABS just so you know, abs will only come on in an emergency stop, or on ice....basically if the tire locks up, the abs module will pulse the brakes for you so you can still steer.

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Your Message