Gas flowing from fill spout

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Gas flowing from fill spout

All- I applogize if this has been posted before. I did few searches, and tried to weed through the posts, but I didin't find anything... Anyways.. I just bought a 94 F150, and after filling the gas tanks, we were driving home.. i noticed particurlly poor gas milage. upon getting home i found that gas was flowing from the fill spout (the gas cap was on and tight). I'm wondering what could be causing this. (there are two tanks on the truck, the rear is the problem, the front seems fine) Is it as simple as a bad gas cap, or are there bigger issues further down the line? The truck ran fine (no hesitation, or low power or anything) Any help anyone can give would be greatly Apprecitated. let me know if you need more info.

thanks
-DG

posted by  drunkguy2005

sound like the selecter valve is not working/jammed the fuel pump must be pumping fuel from the front tank to the motor and the rear tank and overfilling
check the attachment it will look close as this is an aftermarket one

posted by  osborste

certainly sounds possible... where abouts on a truck would a guy find the selector valve? i would guess in the vacinity of the tanks? And how much of a pain in the tail is it to get to? I can't imagin that i'd be lucky enough to have it be there in the open... thanks for the help!
-DG

posted by  drunkguy2005

maybe between the tanks or in front of the front tank along the frame you should see it right away there's six lines 2 for the front 2 for the back and 2 to the motor the larger hose is the main and the smaller is the return from the injector rail at the engine
there's one more posiblite that the selectors been changed and the return line for the wrong tank was put on the wrong fitting

posted by  osborste

i'll take a peak and see what i can see... thanks for all your help!!!

posted by  drunkguy2005

ford has a safety recall on this problem i have installed arount 1,500 kits (major problem) call the ford dealership and have your VIN number handy the fix is most likely free to you
ppauley/cobra freek

posted by  ppauley

Old thread, look under new posts and check there :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

yup, i heard his truck caught fire and blew up w/ him in it. ford claims another victim... :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

WAHOO :mrgreen:

posted by  99integra

Your Message