Honda Accord Fuel Problems

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Honda Accord Fuel Problems

I have a 1986 Honda Accord Hatchback, and when I bought it, it had a problem with the fuel pump, so i changed the fuel pump, then my car started acting some later and i changed the fuel filter, and when i turned the fuel filter upside down, it poured out gas that looked like mud, so i put a brand new fuel filter in it, and it still gave me some trouble after a while, i put some gas cleaner and injector cleaner in it, and i went out today and replaced the fuel filter again, and when i start up the car it runs fine for a while and idles good, but after driving for about 5 min, i cant press the accelerator down that far because then it will start acting like its starving for gas and it will act up, so the only way i can get it to go is by barely pressing the accelerator and it will go, but very slow at first then its gets ok, but when im like in 1st or 2nd or 3rd gear, i cant floor the accelerator or push it down that much because it will act like its getting bad gas feed or starving, do you have any ideas what this problem could be, should i drop the gas tank and empty out all the gas and see if that works. Please give me some support, Thanks.

posted by  StReEt101

if you can have the fuel pressure checked
recheck the new filter see if it has the muddy fuel again if so drop the tank the pick up screen on the pump is most likely plugging up

posted by  osborste

I checked the fuel filter again, and it had a little dark fuel so i changeg the fuel filter again, so im going to drop the gas tank, and on the fuel pump, on the basket below the fuel filter im going to clean that, also when i drop the gas tank, where should i check where its clogging up at, or should i see it pretty well. im 17 still learning sorry.

posted by  StReEt101

you'll see it. Its right on the bottom of the pump.you might find the inside of the tank is rusting or you got bad gas

posted by  osborste

Allright ill try that, do you have any other suggestions to make my car peform better. Exaust, Intake, Ect....also anything that i might want to mod the car with, thanks.

posted by  StReEt101

not into the tuner stuff better to check the other areas and ask them

posted by  osborste

Your Message