1995 toyot camry idle problem

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1995 toyot camry idle problem

ok so i have a big 8100 mtx amp in the back of my camry and its never had this problem before this amp but when i step on the brake of my car like at a light it starts to shake really really hard. I was just wonderin if anyone has this problem and was also wonderin what could be wrong? alternator, injectors, vaccum leak?

posted by  sambones22

i know most car that like to have the high powered stereo systems will have a capacitor or an extra battery in system to help with the electrical load
can you see the charge light coming on at idle maybe very dim

posted by  osborste

that or you may have a bad brake booster. if it does it every time you hit the brake, (like even in neutral) try pinching the brake booster vacuum hose shut with vise grips and see if it does it then. if not, then you likely have a bad booster.

posted by  dodger65

i have a cap and an extra battery ive heard doesnt do a whole lot if i want another amp in the trunk for my interior speakers. i was thinkin of gettin a new alternator but i know that the bigger it gets the more h/p i wil loose and i dont have much to spare becuase im lucky if im running like 120 h/p. Right now its like an 80 amp alt. but i was thinkin of running up to like 110-130. Would that be bad?

posted by  sambones22

you could try and find a smaller pulley for the alt so at idle the alt would spin faster to keep the amps/volts up and a bigger alt would not hurt to much more

posted by  osborste

Your Message