95 cutlass problems

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  95 cutlass problems

I am thinking on buying my brothers 1995 cutlass convertable.He just put a new tranny last year in it and a newer motor.Here's the problem.After hooking up the new motor, when you go to start it it revs to high rpms and then dies.No matter how many times you try this.If you keep pumpin the gas you can keep it running and then after a few minutes of this or when it warms up,it will idle but like crap.Any ideas guys??????????

posted by  nutcase

have you tested or checked the iac valve may need to be reset from the mounting base to tip should measure 1 1/8 inch
will look something like the attachments
its mounted in the throttle body

posted by  osborste

sounds to me like you have to reset the security system via factory specs. call the dealership.

posted by  carls47807

if it has a security system the chip would be in the key
passlock I system he didn't replace the computer just the engine & tranny
so no i dont think that would happen

posted by  osborste

okay.

posted by  carls47807

Im still trying to figure this dam car out.Still no luck.She still revs high then dies.

posted by  nutcase

did you check the iac valve measurement then idle at 2000 rpm for the computer to recount the iac steps from closed to full open ?
did you check for vacuum leaks?

posted by  osborste

It sounds like you have a major vacuum leak. the first place I would check is the hose from the intake to the brake booster to see if it is damaged or not connected. if it is , remove it from the booster and cover it with your finger. this will at least eliminate that.

posted by  DFgerbil

check fuel pressure...

posted by  dodger65

Your Message