Fan Blower???

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Fan Blower???

Ok, so in my 2000 impala my heat will only work on high. Nowhere in between. Anyone have any idea why that would happen.

posted by  drowningseason99

Yep! ;)

posted by  vwhobo

maybe he wants a few ideas Hobo...
;) :D

BTW - did you get my last PM a while ago?

posted by  asa67_stang

Yeah, I know what he wants but I'm a little fed up with people who just come here, ask a question and disappear. Hell, he didn't even say hey, how ya doin', nothing. Besides, the heat works good on all my cars.

Yes I got a PM from you before you went on leave but I was stupid and deleted it before replying. :oops: I'm still wondering what happened with the El Camino and the new F-150. More of that asking for help but not sharing the end product with people who try to help. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

i'll PM you with the old one in a quote and update you

hell, at least i'm stickin around so you can ask me what's up ;)
way i figure it, if i don't hear anything new, they got it fixed, and that's usually how i work
"the squeaky wheel gets the grease" and i don't have any reason to be squeaky right now

posted by  asa67_stang

Well it is a car forum man. What do you really expect. Why would that upset you if someone came in here with a question.

Upset? I do believe I said fed up. Read the first paragraph of my second post in this thread over and over. Eventually you'll figure out what I said and why.

posted by  vwhobo

Well excuse me for not introducing myself.

I am Drowningseason99. I play drums in a band called "Time For Change". You can check us out a little bit at www.tfcmusic.com

I drive a 2000 impala LS.

How is that???

A little sarcastic, but I guess that is all we can expect from someone in a band called TFC.

You could try (insert band name here) approach and gain a few online friends and some apparently needed help with your original question.

I'd go with the latter.

posted by  BavarianWheels

I think it's all part of being a member of the "ME" generation. It's all about me and I want it now. :rolleyes:

posted by  vwhobo

Actually...it looks more like a "ghetto machine" than rice. It's up there with the SUV Ghetto Tanks...but that's just my opinion.

Somehow, that post reminded me of Violet and that other little brat girl in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

posted by  Satty101

now what we have here is an unclear line between advertising and, well, not advertising. so ill just leave it alone - if someone feels it is advertising please PM me.

otherwise...just to flame his car, can you say RICEMOBILE? :D

posted by  SuperJew

It's funny how many things can be riced out nowadays. Cars, motorcycles, even cell phones. Some people even put funky facepalte covers and flashing antennas on them.

posted by  vwhobo

yeah i was considering doing that but realized how retarded it was...and how it would actually cost money. :D

posted by  SuperJew

Man You guys are harsh. I just came in here to hopefull get some suggestions about my original post and I am getting harped on.

I was harped on for not introducing myself. So I did and got harped on about my intro. I got dissed about my band name. I don't see anything wrong with Time For Change. I didn't mean to advertise it either.

My car got called a rice. That's a new one. I think that it is far from a rick rocket. It's not like it's lowered and has 20 inch wheels and neon and all that stuff.

All the stuff that I have done to it is pretty basic. Wow, you guys are horrible.

The old saying goes, you only have one chance to make a first impression. You made a bad one and you're paying for it now. Really if you stick it out you'll find we're really a great bunch of guys. On the other hand if you show yourself to be thin skinned, well you'll see. ;)

posted by  vwhobo

Actually, I like your car. I just think the car bra ruins it. Just my opinion though.

posted by  Satty101

Ya that is usually how forums are. The Noobs get there asses kicked for awhile. It's cool.
I figured out the problem with the heat thing anyways. It's a good thing that I wasn't relying on you guys! :D

ohh no.

:popcorn:

posted by  Satty101

yeah i suppose hes passed the newbie test....

posted by  SuperJew

Then since you know how things work most of the time...you realize we're not as "horrible" as you might've first thought.

So now that you understand our razzing is just that...razzing...

Welcome to the forums, drowningseason99.

btw...what the hell does that alias mean?

(next flame opportunity coming up... ;) )

yeah BW i just thought of something flameworthy of his name... :D

and welcome drowningseason99. as of now, you will find that this forum has a lot to offer. have fun! :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

Ya let's here the name flame that you got!

It's just the name of one of our songs. I could think of something cooler but I have been using drowningseason for so long that I would probably forget any other name that I pick.

maybe later...im not really in a flaming mood tonight... :?

posted by  SuperJew

Ya. I kinda feel the same way. Every time I come on here I see someone flamming or being flamed. Kinda getting old. True, most of the time they do deserve it, but. meh, whatever.

posted by  Satty101

Is there a way to check peoples profiles in here so I can find out how old some of you are.

You can just ask. I'm real freaking old.

posted by  vwhobo

Im 51......................reversed

posted by  Satty101

im 16 enough...

posted by  SuperJew

<---is 9

haha how old is real freakin old. I am 21. Just turned it too so if I ever write some weird stuff in here, I am probably wasted!

So drowningseason99,

I am curious what the problem was? My guess whenever that symptomology is experienced would be that the heater resistor located somewhere in the heater box went out causing an "in-operative" condition on any setting but max fan. Would I be correct?

posted by  cmeseadoin

So Drowningseason99,

I am curious what the diagnosis was? My guess would be that the heater resistor which varies the current to the blower motor went out, causing an "inoperative blower motor" in any position except high. Would I be correct?

posted by  cmeseadoin

:rolleyes: Crap, I guess I did not see that there were two pages to the post, sorry for the double posted questions, LOL, I thought I might be having a server issue! :twisted:

posted by  cmeseadoin

want me to consolidate the two questions?

posted by  SuperJew

Ya that is exactly what it was. The part ended up costing me $28 bucks and I did the rest myself. I was happy that it was the blower motor.

Yeah, well the resistor is or should be in most cases, separate from the blower motor itself. As you know it is just a little assembly that has various spiraled wiring of different resistances that alter the current to the motor based on the position of the fan speed switch. :P CLASSIC symptomology of a bad resistor is an INOP blower fan in ANY position other than high. I've been there and done that, LOL. :twisted:

Thank your stars it was not the blower motor as the motor would be way more difficult and involved to replace over the resistor 10 to 1. If you just use some good ole logic though you can kind of eliminate the motor, because it worked on high, so you know that it works, just not comensorate with the fan speed switch. :D

Glad to know that you got it fixed. :D

posted by  cmeseadoin

Ya someone told me that it was the blower motor but I didn't understand why the motor would work in just high but no where else. I believe the generally when a blower motor starts to go that a noise develops anyways right???

on my 2000 limpala , low went out first. 3 weeks ago high only works.what did you find out? thanks, snook

posted by  snook

Did you bother to read the thread? The answer to your question is right there in two-tone gray.

posted by  vwhobo

Your Message