Dumb question but...

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Dumb question but...

I was wondering if you put a new engine in a car do they roll back the odometer, so it hits 0. When you put in another engine into your car can you put the miles the engine has instead of what your odemeter says? Just wondering

posted by  Fgreco

no you cant without a drill that has reverse, MAYBE. and i think thats illegal anyway. also the miles are also on your car itselg let alone the rest of your drive train

posted by  DaMiEn_0607

^^It is indeed illegal, in the U.S. anyway.

posted by  hondaman

I think either a)you have to buy a new odometer OR b)have proof that it is a new/newer drivetrain.

Edit: It is illegal here. You can roll it back as long as your not planning on selling it, but if you werent gonna sell why would you ask.

posted by  car_crazy89

No i dont want to sell and I didnt get a new engine or anything i was just wondering. I just got a new cat converter put in and I remember someone at the shop got a new engine. I was curious.

posted by  Fgreco

Dumb questions desetve dumb answers
so here is my dumb answer
yes
P.S. dont listen to my dumb answer please

posted by  6000LE

that doesn't work on any car that i know of... ferris was wrong :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

I know how to do it in a matter of minutes without a drill. :hi: I wouldn't. Come on, who really uses a drill? That's just thrown around by people who talk about it... right?

posted by  DodgeRida67

it is illegal todo that to your odomiter just buy a odomater

posted by  google.com

...i've never seen someone spell "odometer" incorrectly twice, 2 different ways in the same run-on sentence... :banghead:

posted by  dodger65

Todo, isnt that the dogs name from The Wizard of Oz? :ohcrap:

posted by  car_crazy89

:laughing:

posted by  Renegade

Maybe they meant "tada"? :drool:

posted by  srober32

Oh cause he had so many mistakes it was like a magic trick, like spelling odometer wrong twice?

posted by  car_crazy89

Your Message