My mercury Mistake lol

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  My mercury Mistake lol

I brought my car for the check engine light there was a leak in the vacume hose so I fixed it for 82$. Then the light come on agian and it is the catylitic converter dad pays 345$. The light just came one again. What do you think can be the problem and do you think I should just take it to autozone for a full diagnostic test. I dont understand how many things can set this damn light off. I thought I would just be one thing.

Any thoughts or opinoins will be greatly appreciated and, I will like to thank you in advance.

posted by  Fgreco

:laughing: :laughing: it's got "blue oval syndrome" :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

ba hahahahhaha :laughing:

posted by  C c C

What is blue oval syndrom? This must be some joke.

posted by  Fgreco

Cause its a FORD (Blue Oval) and therefore its always gonna have problems. I dont think he's serious but its good to joke.

posted by  car_crazy89

yeah. it's mostly for busting my ford buddy's chops :laughing: ...

posted by  dodger65

oh LOL I thought it was an actuall techical term for something lol. Ok peace.

posted by  Fgreco

what code is it giving you, and the light can come on for over a hundred reasons which can drive you nuts and broke
can't help without the code also autozone is no place to take a car for diag. all they do is pop a code and try to sell you a part which don't fix the problems most of the time
e-mail me with the code
ppauley53@msn.com

posted by  ppauley

I beg to differ. Autozone (in my experience) has always been correct in the diagnostics they have run for me (and I know this because of taking it to the shops to get it fixed afterwards and they charge me another $75 to run the same diagnostic with the same result). They have never done me wrong. I've never had them try to sell me a part. They may suggest things, but a smart person does research... :thumbs:

posted by  97Talonchik

Im sure the guy is watching day and nite to see if someone has responded to his 2 month old post :laughing:

posted by  Pinstriper38

actually if you read some of his other posts, i think it's fixed now...

ppauley, it might serve you well to check the date of these posts as well as checking out some of the post-er's other threads (they don't always post it in the same thread--sucks, but they don't)

posted by  dodger65

yes so far thank god i have had no trouble with the light. you will see another post that says pulling to the right that is my new problem lol. The tires are wearing out on the inside and outside of the tires I never bought new tires since I got the car so the tires are shot thats what I think.

posted by  Fgreco

Your Message