FLOOD! help

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  FLOOD! help

My 2002 Grand Prix has recently been in a low flood. i was wondering if it still runs and drives is there possibly anything wrong with it? I need help because im not much on mechanical stuff! :( :o

posted by  gpgt06

ok, first off, introductions are nice, secondly, how deep was the water? have you talked to any mechanics in your area?

posted by  vanyaviper

your the only one that can tell if it still runs and drives, so open the door, take a seat and turn the F***** key! Im not flying to where ever you live just to do it for you mate.

posted by  stringer001

First off, DON'T turn the key!! Disconnect the battery, come back with some specifics. How high the water, would help.

posted by  lectroid

The answer is yes. The last post still stands. What problems? Depends on how high the water got in your car.

posted by  lectroid

Okay, I'm a bit confused. Are you talking to the voices in your head now? 8O

posted by  vwhobo

Me? You talking to me? No,,, I don't think I provided an answer to the question in my first reply :oops: :rolleyes:

posted by  lectroid

A little more info might come in handy. Saying your car has been in a low flood is like saying it's real hot outside, somewhat descriptive but very ambiguous. And I'm not sure, are you saying it runs and drives or what?

posted by  vwhobo

First of all im thanking some of you that answered me and wasnt total ASSHOLES! I just asked a fucking question, and if thats all most of you people have to do is make fun of other people,then you all need to get a life!

Now for the specifics!
I know at least it got as high as the exhaust (and went in the exhaust system this is the whole reason im asking!) . and got some inside the car. It didnt do any electrical damage as far as i know,except for my heated seats.
And no i have not took it to any mechanics because i dont want to move the car just in casethe is something wrong.
( if u need any more info, reply again)

posted by  gpgt06

VHhobo, first time I read the question, and read stringers reply, I replied.(dumb on my part) Went back, read it three more times, placed comas where they should be and it made sense :rolleyes:

posted by  lectroid

ignore the peanut gallery man (although an introduction is a good thing on this forum)

so, only about 6-8 inches? not over the bumpers?
tell ya what, find out where the computer that controls the car is located, if the water didn't get into that, and didn't get higher than the bumpers, i can't really see a reason why it shouldn't be fine (maybe a bit moldy and musty though)

might be a problem with the cats though, i'm not familiar with that system, so i won't comment on it

on second thought... might be a good idea to change the fluids, oil, transmission fluid, and check if there is water in the gas tank, then start it

posted by  asa67_stang

Then why in the hell didn't you say so in your firstpost, Dickweed? You think it's fun to drag the information out of you? I just don't know about people from KY :rolleyes:

posted by  lectroid

unfortunately he has a point
remember, the more info you can give, the more help we can give

BTW - you can defend yourself on this forum, so if you feel like it, go for it, your choice though

posted by  asa67_stang

Come on back gpgt06, I think you understand now and those who can will help you ;)

posted by  lectroid

As ASA said, if you can change the eng/tranny fluids, do it or get some help. You say your kinda clueless on mechanics, a mechanic or a shadetree with a good rep needs to inspect your car. Just to many things that can cause you a problem down the road. How long did the water surround your car?

posted by  lectroid

ASS-PRICK :D

posted by  lectroid

what?
i didn't do nuffin...

posted by  asa67_stang

The water didnt stay around my car long, no more than 3or 4 hours (my aunts car got flooded for 2 days :P , i guess thats what insurance is for!) The car still starts and everything, just curious if there is somethin that will cost me money in the future.

Anyway i have already arranged for it to be hauled to my uncles garage in TN, Hes goin to change all the fluids, drain the gas tank, Etc. But thanks for the "help" You guys supplied. next time i will add more info.

And when i get my car back i will update you all on how it went. ;) [/u][/i]

posted by  gpgt06

Well, then your in pretty good shape, to have an uncle that's a mechanic, almost like having a doctor in the family. We now have a doctor on this site, just eat-up with information, has a boy named Doug, just as smart :D :D :D :D

posted by  lectroid

Your Message