More tranny problems

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  More tranny problems

Okay, now my 94 blazer is revving higher in first gear than it should and thats the only gear. It has me stumped and is pissing me off and I will not put anymore money into this tranny, so what can I do that doesn't cost a lot of money? :doh:

posted by  99integra

Is it slipping or holding the gear too long?

posted by  srober32

It's holding the gear too long

posted by  99integra

well then fix it

posted by  google.com

well no shit sherlock, but that is not the field that I repair :banghead:

posted by  99integra

Obviously he's trying to fix it. Do you think he came here to 'brag' about his problem or tell us about it and leave it the way it is. To be honest i'm surprised you didnt say "Buy a new transmission" but thats my opinion.

posted by  car_crazy89

Hey look guys, I bet your transmission can't do this :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Lmao, ok stop bragging, your making me jealous. :screwy:

posted by  car_crazy89

I knew I would and I also knew google would say something like that :laughing:

posted by  99integra

just get a new tranny then if u dont know wherethe prob is.

posted by  google.com

Your kidding right?

posted by  car_crazy89

I know where the problem is, its in the transmission :screwy: :laughing:

posted by  99integra

OH, i never would of guessed. I thought when you said TRANSmission you meant like a journey or job on a train. :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

That actually got me lol :laughing:

posted by  99integra

well, here's a couple of things you can check that i've seen happen before.

1) the tv valve could be sticking. disconnect the cable at the throttle body and pull it to the end of it's travel. it should offer a fair amount of "springiness". if not, do it again. then reconnect it. this is more likely, so try it first...

2) if it happened all of a sudden, with no prior slippage and no burnt fluid or anything, i've seen the upshift governor gear snap, too. this is underneath a round cover on the drivers' side of the trans, near the tailshaft or transfer case. remove the cover and pull the governor straight out. you may have to drop the back of the trans down a little for this. there should be a plastic gear on the governor. if there's not--get one. this will cause you to have 1st and reverse and nothing else except park. good luck and keep us posted. :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

If you are having tranny problems tell it to leave you alone. lol Sorry, bad joke. :sleep:

posted by  srober32

The first thing I did was try the tv valve but not the 2nd option. The only thing wrong about the governer is that it goes into every gear but just at a high enough rpm to scare the hell outta me, it shifts when I let my foot of the accelerator.

posted by  99integra

Should I just junk the mother ****er and buy a used one with less miles because I really don't trust mechanics(other than myself)to handle my baby :laughing:

posted by  99integra

It sounds like your first to second gear syncro.

posted by  FordFromHell351

Or you know that sounds like a pretty good idea too lol

nope, it's definitely the canuter valve! what th' hell are YOU talking about? the rare and mysterious 700r4/4l60e stick tranny? :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

Thats the best idea yet, I went online to buy a 230 dollar one at a junkyard that had 68,000 miles on it which is a pretty good deal and I am waiting for it to arrive. BTW I ripped the trans out last night and its sitting in my garage next to my crippled Blazer :laughing:

posted by  99integra

$230 dollars is a damn good deal. When I took the engine out my Nissan Sentra to put it in my Saturn, I couldnt quite get the 5 speed Saturn tranny to mesh with the new engine :laughing: I ended up putting in the Nissan tranny too. I dont know why I didnt think of that in the first place, its a 6 speed so its more fun! :mrgreen:

Oh so it is the Spec V, that is one of my favorite nissans, they have that big 2.5 liter altima motor but do they put bigger cams or is it something to do with the exhaust/intake to make a 10 horsepower gain from the SE-R

posted by  99integra

Update. Just got the transmission today and am going to take it to my shop and start working on it tomorrow. :smoke: I'll keep you guys posted

posted by  99integra

It is finally in and working like it is brand new :clap:

posted by  99integra

Your Message