Need help with power window problem

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Need help with power window problem

Hi my name is mark, i am new to this forum....and i am in dire need of help...my wife has a 2001 daewoo leganza and the passenger window wouldn't roll up today..so i took the door apart and took the motor out...the motor does work by the way...it has like a spool of threaded wire that operates the window...it was all crossed over and messed up...i got it all back in the tracks on the spool them tried to roll the window up...but it didn't work.....am i missing something? any schematics how it should go? any help would be greatly appreciated, this is our only family vehicle that we can take our kids in and i dont have the funds to take it to a shop...thanks for any help.

posted by  moandmj

If you can, check it with a voltage tester to see if it's getting enough power. If it's not getting enough power, it'll be easy for it to get over-loaded and not budge with the pressure of the window on it. If it's getting enough power, then I'd take the opposite door apart and see how that one looks to get and idea as to if you're missing something or not.

posted by  Juhosaphat

What if you cant take the door apart? I have a 2000 chevy silverado and the window on the passenger side refuse to work properly. It kinda has a habbit of going really slow and it seems as though its about to quit any time. ive taken it to a shop a couple times and they say its fine, but its died twice. help please. :screwy:

posted by  MUSCLEMADMANN

why can't you get the door apart? could just be a worn out motor by the sounds of it. either that or it's not getting enough current for some reason.

posted by  windsonian

Your Message