1997 Chevy Cav Z24
2.4L 4 Cyl
Ok my problems are as follows:
1. My idle rpm is at 600 sounds way to low.
2. My car is stuttering on acceleration/choking and sometimes stalling out.
3. The engine seems to be rocking violently under the hood.
4. Sometimes I will have no problem then all of a sudden boom it starts in again.
5. Now I am starting to hear a put put sound coming out of the muffler when my car is stuterring
6. Check engine light is on.. I took it autozone they scanned the codes and there were 6 errors that came up. One was throttle postion sensor, voltage to low, and mixture to lean or something like that... I dont remeber the other ones.
7. The car is eating gas like crazy.. I have driven 50 miles and have gobbled up half the tank... About 10 miles to a gallon if that.
8. Rpms are jumping like crazy.
I really need help on this. Where could I start? Could it just be the idle is to low? How can I adjust it? Please someone give me some help here.
i'd prefer to start out w/ you trying to remember the rest of the
the idle is controlled by the 'puter, and the code is indicating a symptom, not a problem. the rest of the codes could shed quite a bit of light on things... :thumbs:
Well for one, its a Chevy :laughing:
But all kidding aside, try to figure out what the rest of the codes are and then come back and tell us. I would think that it needs a tune up, you throttle position sensor is bad, the mass air flow sensor is clogged, your fuel injectors are bad or clogged. you could also possibly have low compression.
Tommorrow I am going back to the dealer with it for repairs. I only got the car 2 days ago and I am already having trouble with it. They should not charge me one penny correct? I mean I think its kind of bull that I have only had the car for 48 hours and its already quiting out on me. If they dont want to repair it what can I do legally to get them to. They also passed the car inspection with a chipped windshield and a window that does not work.. Driver side window.
depends on where you got it from. they SHOULDN'T charge you, but the world doesn't always go by what SHOULD happen... let's hope they are scrupulous....
Took it to the repair place today.. It was the oxygen sensor. They replaced it at no charge. :clap:
:clap: good to hear (so to speak) :clap:
Depends on if you signed the paper stating AS IS or No Warranty. Check your paperwork....
Now my power window is acting up and deciding not to work. :banghead:
Looks like I will be going back to the repair place on Monday.
Ouch, sounds like you have my luck. Sorry to hear that man. You know there
is such a thing as a lemon law. The statues really depend on what state you
alright now the window doesnt work. i assum that it is a power window. now if the thing is not making any noise then it is probably power to it. and if it is making noise but not working then it maybe the motor going out on you. the dealer you bought the car from should fix that too. but if not then the motor is the most expensive route. and its not that much. so good luck to you man.
Im going out to work on my radio so Ill probe the wires to see where the juice is flowing.. I have a feeling its just a switch and this switch you dont even need a screwdriver to get out.