Roof Repair

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  Roof Repair

Ok, i have just one quick question. The roof of my GF's car is starting to fall down. Not the roof itself, but the stretchy fabric that covers the whole thing on the inside. My question is, how can i fix this. RIght now she has it all stapled and it looks really nasty.

Thanks everyone!!

posted by  metalhead212

Go to a parts store and get some upholstery glue. If you can access the back of the fabric, just glue it back up. Should be as simple as that.

posted by  Juhosaphat

Get to the back of the fabric, and they make some spray on glue stuff that you can just spray on the back of the fabric or on the roof of the car and just stick it back up there.

posted by  FordFromHell351

If only headliners were that easy.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Yeah, I know what you mean. You get it back up and it comes right back down :banghead:

posted by  FordFromHell351

alright brother you need to take the whole thing down. start by removing all of the plastic trim that is along the side of the doors and all the windows. you should see how its attached. it should just be like stiff cardboard. it will be put up there pretty good so be carefull but pull hard and even. when you get that part down peel the head liner material off and you can spray the glue on the cardboard peice and then reapply the material. or you could even add things like flames and such out of foam to give it a new look and it is a cool little custom thing that most people dont think of. so good luck and i hope it works out for you.

posted by  frizzal

Your Message