1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera 3300 Engine Crank Senor

Home  \  Repairs & Maintenance  \  1992 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera 3300 Engine Crank Senor

Hi

I have a 92 Olds an my crank senor is bad. After much :banghead: I finely got the bolt out of the crank. Well the bolts for my puller are to big an I am looking for a way to get the balancer off the crank. I was thinking 3 jaw puller but IF I mess the balancer up I will be royaly screwed. ANy ideas or anyone know of the bolt size in the crank I know GM sells a tool for 200 dollars to remove the balancer but that seemsa bit steap to me for it.

posted by  DarkMan

take one of the crank pulley bolts to match the thread size and go to a hardware store and get bolts...??? am i understanding you question? there are also pullers available at parts stores for about 15 bucks. don't use a 3 jaw...

posted by  dodger65

I have a harmonic balancer puller already The bolts that come with it are to large to fit into the threaded holes in my balancer. I know it sounds odd I think they are around 6m holes I am not sure. I am gonna go an get a hole ton of bolts an just try different sizes. As for using a 3 jaw puller I will only go that route as last ditch. I found a puller GM sells for the job it runs around 200 bucks :(

posted by  DarkMan

I got the bolt sizes for the harmonic balancer for the engine it is a 6 mm shank That is the only way to use a standard puller on the blancer. As for the senor go with a GM part there are a few things different.

posted by  DarkMan

so go to the hardware store and get some bolts... am i missing something?

posted by  dodger65

Your Message